Please help! Can't interact using LMB

Sgt Socks

So I've just started my modded TLD journey and have immediately hit rather an important snag! Hoping someone will know what I've done wrong.

I've installed a few mods per instructions and got the game to work.

Unfortunately... As soon as I spawned I realised there was a big problem.  Went to pick up a stick LMB as usual... and couldn't! So I quit the game, removed QuickPick and ItemStack from the Mod directory to see if it was one of those.  Reloaded TLD.  Resumed game... still couldn't.  So I tried starting a new game in case the fact I had deleted the above two somehow applied to resuming the game. Same problem on the new game.

I went through the Mod Settings to see if I could work out what's going on but couldn't see anything which would prevent this.  Also checked the regular Keybindings just in case but LMB was set to interact as usual.

I do hope someone can help, I was so excited about better QoL I felt was needed after playing since 2016.  Plus I froze my unmodded 200 day survivor into The Long Dark because I was starting to get bored with it anyway and thought I would start afresh.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks guys. I really appreciate you trying to help.

I will try what you suggest Odi before I take any drastic action, didn't think of that. Thank you.

However, I'm going to start again today, remove everything. I think I got a.bit too excited and added too much too soon. The phrase "kid in a candy store" was made for me 😁. In my defence i have been playing since 2016 so i have been very patient on the few  things that drive me nuts.

I'm going to follow Piddy's advice to install the basics then one by one add the mods to make sure everything is OK.

Doing it this way... First mod will be the one to skip the damn loading screen at start!

Hozz, my luck is legendary irl. If a weird, rare or unsolvable issue/problem is to arise, its usually me who gets it 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ 😁

@Digitalzombie

I behaved myself today and have added each single mod and tested the game to see if it works.

By this process of deduction, I've worked out it is the Candlelight mod which is causing the problem.

Digitalzombie - I wanted to message you this way to report the issue I've now found with the Candlelight mod.  You can see above that it prevents use of LMB to interact no matter what I do.  I also tried unbinding and rebinding as Ozzidido suggested but that didn't work either.  I thought I had better let you know in case anyone else encounters the same problem.

3 hours ago, Digitalzombie said:

Install the "Alternative Action Utilities" mod from the modlist. It's listed in the readme of the candle mod as a dependency.

*blushing intensely*

I am so sorry! I read so many things I totally missed that. Even wrote a long list of the base mods I needed. I feel like a complete idiot now.

Well at least my idiocy is preserved for all time so others won't make the same mistake 🤦‍♀️

Thank you 🧡

• Upvote 1

You are not the first, you won't be the last.

Usually our mods are pretty free of troubles after the initial MelonLoader installation and once you got all the dependencies.

Though it was mostly pure luck that I noticed you. Since Hinterland is still twiddling their thumbs about any form of contact to the current modders ( 🙈🙊🙉 ) since the announcement about a year ago, most of us are not very active here. If at all.

The modding community Discord is usually the quickest and easiest way to get support: https://discord.gg/AqpW9TjUfr

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Digitalzombie said:

You are not the first, you won't be the last.

Usually our mods are pretty free of troubles after the initial MelonLoader installation and once you got all the dependencies.

Though it was mostly pure luck that I noticed you. Since Hinterland is still twiddling their thumbs about any form of contact to the current modders ( 🙈🙊🙉 ) since the announcement about a year ago, most of us are not very active here. If at all.

The modding community Discord is usually the quickest and easiest way to get support: https://discord.gg/AqpW9TjUfr

Thank you for your understanding, I do feel like a right plonker!

And thank you for pointing me in the direction of your Discord, I'll be sure to use it in the future.

All your work is very, very much appreciated.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
12 hours ago, Wonderland Wanderer 3 said:

It's seems to be "Candlelight.dll" mod is screwing up interactions.

It is not.

The information here are outdated. The candles don't use the AlternativeActionUtilities anymore, it is not listed as a dependency on the mod list anymore.
I'm guessing that your whole modloader/mod installation is outdated.

Send me your "latest.log" (folder: "\TheLongDark\MelonLoader\latest.log") and/or join our mod discord and give me a ping there-> https://discord.gg/VrjAWMjc

On 9/3/2023 at 2:06 PM, Wonderland Wanderer 3 said:

It's seems to be "Candlelight.dll" mod is screwing up interactions. Installing Alternative Action Utilities causes crash of TLD. It's seems to be only way to fix problem - remove CandleLight mod. It's so sad... I like placing candles everywhere :)

And yep, i'm here again! :)

@Wonderland Wanderer 3 = @Sgt Socks ?