PV Community Center - Not just for Bingo anymore

piddy3825

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Daft question I know but can't you just drop stones on top of them at least partly! I've never thought of trying it til now. Or place anywhere with rocks if it'd work?

lol, you had me going on this one.  so, yes, indeed piling stones or dropping them does work but frankly 
it takes an ungodly amount of stones.

screen_006cb07a-d24d-4b42-b0d7-20299e8fa38d_hi.thumb.png.5b517fe37ef6c961789d2b03165405c3.png

Here's  how you find em...

screen_b0ae04f8-7cca-4dc0-aa5c-c05fe796ca2f_hi.thumb.png.873452e579db95a378384e032d896346.png

My best rendition of a stone piled burial mound.  Obviously used the place anywhere mod to place the stones and the make the cross.
I'm particularly happy the way my makeshift cross turned out.  The way the sticks clipped together looks like they could have been pushed together 
that way irl, so it felt pretty immersive as I viewed.  The only drawback, is that this mound is comprised of 400 stones.  Good thing I have could open the console
and load up the stones, otherwise if you had to collect them it would take weeks of gameplay to collect enough stones to do the job.  

so what do you think of my handiwork?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

lol, you had me going on this one.  so, yes, indeed piling stones or dropping them does work but frankly 
it takes an ungodly amount of stones.

screen_006cb07a-d24d-4b42-b0d7-20299e8fa38d_hi.thumb.png.5b517fe37ef6c961789d2b03165405c3.png

Here's  how you find em...

screen_b0ae04f8-7cca-4dc0-aa5c-c05fe796ca2f_hi.thumb.png.873452e579db95a378384e032d896346.png

My best rendition of a stone piled burial mound.  Obviously used the place anywhere mod to place the stones and the make the cross.
I'm particularly happy the way my makeshift cross turned out.  The way the sticks clipped together looks like they could have been pushed together 
that way irl, so it felt pretty immersive as I viewed.  The only drawback, is that this mound is comprised of 400 stones.  Good thing I have could open the console
and load up the stones, otherwise if you had to collect them it would take weeks of gameplay to collect enough stones to do the job.  

so what do you think of my handiwork?

That looks great🙂👍   had to zoom in on the cross before I realised they were sticks!🙂  

That's a good amount of stones though but it's done the cover up well!  

Might give the very late gamers something to do  🙂

2 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Just something creepy about sleeping in the same room with a dead body sitting on the floor or laying in an adjacent bunk...

The worst one is the guy that's sometimes sitting on the floor right next to the bunk on the "Riken" -- I will NOT sleep next to him ... I go downstairs and put my bedroll in the little side office instead.

-------------------------

Stone burial mound and stick cross look great!! (I wonder if you could copy/take one of the small crosses from in front of Trapper's??)

Edited by twyn1
added comment

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

That looks great🙂👍   had to zoom in on the cross before I realised they were sticks!🙂  

That's a good amount of stones though but it's done the cover up well!  

Might give the very late gamers something to do  🙂

Well given that stone are replenishing like tree limbs and sticks, makes collection doable at the very least.  
But as you said, it probably would give some gamers something to do after they have systematically explored
and looted the entire island.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, twyn1 said:

Stone burial mound and stick cross look great!! (I wonder if you could copy/take one of the small crosses from in front of Trapper's??)

I appreciate your saying so.  I know I'm not being humble but I gotta agree with you, that stick cross turned out pretty good!

I hoping that some modder will come up with a burying the dead mod.  Maybe have craftable  crosses like the ones in front of Trapper's or like the graveyard
by the church in Milton.   Maybe something with a little "R.I.P." engraved on it?  That would be awesome!

13 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Currently there aren't any NPC mods.  So much work as they would need dialogue and animations.  That would be a project of some magnitude and probably
would not be free as most of the current mods are.

I was actually meaning mod without any dialogue. Just movement. Imagine you step out from a cabin and see person in distance moving from place to place.  Maybe he/she could start a fire from time to time. Best would be if the person is unreachable. If player comes to certain distance, it would just vanished.

I know it will be big. Hmm we can start smaller, without the person. One could just find some traces. Everytime player would enter area, dice roll will be made and human traces like fires, empty cans, packagings from food etc would be placed on the map. It could stay there for lets say three ingame days and then vanish. Fires could be burning for some time too. Maybe water or tea could be sometimes on them. It could magnify the solitude. You would know, there are other people, you could just not meet them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2022 at 1:06 PM, piddy3825 said:

Place anywhere!  Such a great mod don't you think?  It can be a little tricky to get some things placed, but being able to rotate objects in the 3 different directions does allow for some creative placement of items.    Fleece Cowl Man is kinda wraith like, the empty cowl only need a couple of glowing eyes to be truly horrifying.  

Done. You may have to zoom in a bit to see the result.

922E8354-369B-4C90-A630-4ACA05886940.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

@piddy3825

What will be your next project? I think a good one would be turning Carter Hydro into a hospital.

hmmm, interesting idea.   
I did a segment a while back where I deconstucted/harvested just about every salvageable item item at Carter Hydro which did create a lot of open space.
Considering how large the interior space of the dam is, where in the dam do you envision this hospital setting?  

20 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Considering how large the interior space of the dam is, where in the dam do you envision this hospital setting?  

I would envision that the entrance would be a waiting room, obviously. The turbine room could be a ward with beds and such, and the control room could be a... security office? I don’t remember the layout right off the bat, but I think there were some other rooms that could be used for storage. And of course, your creepy mannequins!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

I would envision that the entrance would be a waiting room, obviously. The turbine room could be a ward with beds and such, and the control room could be a... security office? I don’t remember the layout right off the bat, but I think there were some other rooms that could be used for storage. And of course, your creepy mannequins!

I did a little walk through of the upper interior of the dam and there is obviously a lot of space to work with, but I just wasn't feeling a "hospital" vibe coming from the place, I'm sorry to say.  I could maybe clean up a couple of spaces and perhaps create a First Aide station or a medical supplies store room given the available items in game that are accessible for decoration.  I'll give it some more time as I slowly clean up the clutter, maybe find some inspiration in the process?