[Feedback] Dying to Sleeping in the Cold Without Hypothermia

Neko-san

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

How long can you survive without being able to hold most weapons due to sprain injuries?  

I don't know, but I would be interested in finding out. It seems it would be just changing two numbers to try it. Once good mod support comes out I will maybe look at trying it.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, odizzido said:

I don't know, but I would be interested in finding out. It seems it would be just changing two numbers to try it. Once good mod support comes out I will maybe look at trying it.

I hope you let us know if you do try it. Sounds like it's going to be a tough challenge!

On 3/14/2022 at 12:50 PM, Ghurcb said:

YES PLEASE! Seriously, for a game about surviving in the cold, it's too easy to escape it by simply entering a building (one that hasn't been heated in months)

A week is a bit too much, in my opinion. But I also think that sprains are way too easy to treat. If they required both bandage and 3 hours of rest to be treated, players wouldn't be so eager to mountain-goat all the time.

Three hours of sleep is no more realistic for healing a sprain than what is currently in the game.  In fact, stabilizing a sprain and killing the pain... and then moving on to safety is a more reasonable course of action in a survival situation than bedding down in some unsafe location for three hours.  What would be "more realistic" is to require the player to reapply the stabilizing bandage and take painkillers for 10 days... BUT, would that really add anything beneficial to the gameplay... OR would it just grind it down to a halt.  Part of what keeps players engaged in a desire to move through the world and explore it.  What do people have against goating?  Jealous... of those players who have taken the risks and the time to learn the maps that well so that they truly have fun moving through the world more quickly?  Why does "survival"  have to be about annoying the player to death?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 12:25 AM, UpUpAway95 said:

Why does "survival"  have to be about annoying the player to death?

We've kind of come full-circle here with this question; I didn't want to say this before because I'm the OP, but my intention was to point out design choices that unnecessarily make surviving a more tedious process. Clearly though, not everyone agrees with that line of thought (masochists Lol)...

I get TLD is a survival game but, hell, I'm trying to highlight the "game" part of that even if it's a small thing. Not to be confused with nitpicking though, I totally get that, I'm just saying that I'll just never get over a built-in suicide button with no safety mechanism - which is hilarious when you think about how even guns have those IRL.