Got a favorite region or one you want added tell here

Bearimpaler101

hi I was wondering if anyone else prefers a region I like broken railroad the most because it has LOTS OF CAT TAILS! A forge lots of food most of the Sith locations (some possible[at least in as the dead sleep]) and lots of revolvers seriously the only downside when I want a rifle it's a revolver in the downstairs hunting lodge  if I want a revolver it's a rifle but there both good once I found a revolver in the back of the car at the hunting lodge and one in the basement I've never found a rifle over the mantlepiece just beside the cabinet upstairs

My favourite is PV, broken coming in a close second.  PV is so open with some amazing views ,lots of food from the three resident bears and a moose.  And the birch forest area is beautiful . plus a fishing spot and prepper cache too.

• Upvote 1

For long term easy living, I really like Coastal Highway for the Quonset hut, with tons of storage, crafting table, fire barrel, nearby wood, reasonably close forge, and wildlife.  The hunting out on the ice is super-easy, and there are plenty  of fishing huts.  Plus the weather isn't as bad as some other regions.

For fun exploration I like Hushed River Valley and Ash Canyon.

• Upvote 1

Containers don't do ANYTHING it's just as good to put stuff on the ground as to put it in a container so don't just  go to bleak inlet thinking of timberwolves aren't a problem (there not [except in stalker and interloper])

But if your going just for container space it's just as good to go to mystery lake

Broken Railroad is definitely my favorite forge.  Ash Canyon is probably my favorite zone overall though, followed closely by Timberwolf Mountain.  Since Ash Canyon was added, I've probably spent about 80% of my runs in that NE corner of the map.  The only thing missing from that corner of the map is a regular forge.  I had expected one to be in Blackrock, but it wasn't to be.  Hopefully, they'll put one in Perseverence Mills, which I'm fairly sure is going to be added between HRV and Blackrock because, in Episode One, Grey Mother indicates that Perseverence Mills is north of Milton.

That all said, the only zone I really dislike is Forlorn Muskeg.

Edited by UpUpAway95

7 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

The memories of my double moose stomp incident are too fresh.  Interloper moose stomping is no joke 😬

Ouch!  Sorry   to hear you got doubled!   That's gotta hurt!. 

How much damage does it take off on loper?  My last one on pilgrim took half my life off. Thought they were pretty much the same? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Ouch!  Sorry   to hear you got doubled!   That's gotta hurt!. 

How much damage does it take off on loper?  My last one on pilgrim took half my life off. Thought they were pretty much the same? 

I think they are the same damage-wise, but it's the reduction in mobility / stamina / carrying capacity and the treatment requirements that really hurts you.  If you end up unable to climb, disabled, and stumbling around in a -40C blizzard trying to find lots of rose hips things can go south in a hurry.

edit: and with a double stomp, the affliction lasts 168 hours (seven days)

edit edit: Bleak inlet is perfect moose stomping territory because there's a pack of timberwolves that can easily drive you into the waiting hooves of the resident moose.  Hey, at least the moose scares off the timberwolves 😄

Edited by I_eat_only_wolf_meat

7 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

I think they are the same damage-wise, but it's the reduction in mobility / stamina / carrying capacity and the treatment requirements that really hurts you.  If you end up unable to climb, disabled, and stumbling around in a -40C blizzard trying to find lots of rose hips things can go south in a hurry.

edit: and with a double stomp, the affliction lasts 168 hours (seven days)

edit edit: Bleak inlet is perfect moose stomping territory because there's a pack of timberwolves that can easily drive you into the waiting hooves of the resident moose.  Hey, at least the moose scares off the timberwolves 😄

Lol! Not much of a consolation  though!  

Just realised that's the second daft question I've asked today!   Not enough sleep or old age I wonder!😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

I've never seen a moose there only rubbing and it never came even after 12 days in the maintenance shed

There are a couple of things you can try when you have moose rubbings but no moose.

1) It sounds silly, but spin around in a circle a few times (This is a trick I recently learned from a very experienced streamer - TheWonzandOnly.  I tried it and, for whatever reason, it does sometimes work.)

2) Leave the region to an adjacent region and come back.

3) In BR, it sometimes helps to kill the bear.  This often triggers the moose to spawn, particularly if your rubbings are near the bridge rather than by the Hunting Lodge.

Edited by UpUpAway95

Great question. I'm conflicted. So difficult to choose a specific region when they all have such unique identities. PV always feels like returning home, especially after spending so much time cramming the farmhouse drawers and cupboards with as much junk as I can find. Coastal Highway is also one of my favourites, love the fishing huts, surrounding woodland and Jackrabbit Island etc. Bliss.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

There are a couple of things you can try when you have moose rubbings but no moose.

1) It sounds silly, but spin around in a circle a few times (This is a trick I recently learned from a very experienced streamer - TheWonzandOnly.  I tried it and, for whatever reason, it does sometimes work.)

2) Leave the region to an adjacent region and come back.

3) In BR, it sometimes helps to kill the bear.  This often triggers the moose to spawn, particularly if your rubbings are near the bridge rather than by the Hunting Lodge.

Thanks ! Might just try them tomorrow 😁

19 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks ! Might just try them tomorrow 😁

You're welcome.  I'm also beginning to think the rubbings may be somewhat meaningless right now.  I started yet another test run in Ash Canyon... no rubbings, but definitely a moose present (no stomping this time).  This moose is the one that can spawn near Bitter Marsh, but the usual markings for it are no where around.  In short, I wouldn't totally count out any of those locations where you didn't see rubbings.