I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, those lids are heavier than they look! Girl of many talents! I'd love to play piano!🙂 

I might give that challenge a go!  Have to start a new thread though! This one is a little bit long already for some reason😁  but you could always post the gizmo pic on here as a tribute to Astrid?🤣

Haha I'll try get it finished. Looking forward to seeing, or reading, I suppose, challenge ! 

And haha thanks, I'm not great at it but it can be fun. Except when you crush your thumb, as I found out. Next time I might close the piano, then respond, lol! 

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha I'll try get it finished. Looking forward to seeing, or reading, I suppose, challenge ! 

And haha thanks, I'm not great at it but it can be fun. Except when you crush your thumb, as I found out. Next time I might close the piano, then respond, lol! 

Lol! No rush though! If you get time and you want to that is!? 

I'm sure you're not the first person to drop the lid on their fingers! 

Hope it gets better soon! 

And thanks ! Looking forward to getting stomped on repeatedly 😁

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Lol! No rush though! If you get time and you want to that is!? 

I'm sure you're not the first person to drop the lid on their fingers! 

Hope it gets better soon! 

And thanks ! Looking forward to getting stomped on repeatedly 😁

Thanks, its stopped hurting now, but I can guarantee that won't be the last time I crush my fingers! And haha yeah I've seen lots of videos where people do the same thing and make it look even more painful 

Of course I want to do it! Working on some other things right now but when I'm free I'll work on that gizmo painting. 

And lol! You must be the only person who likes maulings and stompings! 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Thanks, its stopped hurting now, but I can guarantee that won't be the last time I crush my fingers! And haha yeah I've seen lots of videos where people do the same thing and make it look even more painful 

Of course I want to do it! Working on some other things right now but when I'm free I'll work on that gizmo painting. 

And lol! You must be the only person who likes maulings and stompings! 

Well apart from story mode I never usually get either so it's kind of a new experience for me. 🙂 Just wondering how long before the novelty wears off though?😁  

Looking forward to seeing gizmo in all his glory!

And glad it's ok now!🙂

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I could try a combo of the two? Auroras high,pilgrim,no fear passive , max bears, max moose, flare and bows only. Fast respawn, high loot ?  Might prove to be a short one,bow is not my strong point!😂

How does that sound ?😀  In memory of all the Astrid's gone before!

Sounds perfect.  Go get some payback!

• Upvote 1

So sorry to hear about your Astrid!! RIP! Those Moose are so cranky!

Still in ML -- I managed to get the Clear Cut Bear over the weekend, but he turned around and mauled me after I got the 1st arrow in his side! Got him in the head with the 2nd as he was coming at me, but didn't get a critical hit, so I took some damage (mostly clothing, my lovely Mukluks were down past 70%). Did not expect that, since I'm on Pilgrim and they usually just run off if you hit them from far enough away!

Finally found the elusive Prepper's Cache too -- it was the one high above the little clearing with the Cabin/Outhouse, where the Moose often spawns. Sprained my wrist, but lots of new/good food, a whetstone & rifle ammo made for a decent haul.

Am now settled down at Trapper's Homestead; with plenty of firewood, food & gear, warm clothes and pelts -- Time to while away the Long Dark hours making clothing and fixing up some arrows. I think I will "retire" this Astrid ...

Thanks for this thread, it has been lots of fun to read as the adventures unfolded!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, twyn1 said:

So sorry to hear about your Astrid!! RIP! Those Moose are so cranky!

Still in ML -- I managed to get the Clear Cut Bear over the weekend, but he turned around and mauled me after I got the 1st arrow in his side! Got him in the head with the 2nd as he was coming at me, but didn't get a critical hit, so I took some damage (mostly clothing, my lovely Mukluks were down past 70%). Did not expect that, since I'm on Pilgrim and they usually just run off if you hit them from far enough away!

Finally found the elusive Prepper's Cache too -- it was the one high above the little clearing with the Cabin/Outhouse, where the Moose often spawns. Sprained my wrist, but lots of new/good food, a whetstone & rifle ammo made for a decent haul.

Am now settled down at Trapper's Homestead; with plenty of firewood, food & gear, warm clothes and pelts -- Time to while away the Long Dark hours making clothing and fixing up some arrows. I think I will "retire" this Astrid ...

Thanks for this thread, it has been lots of fun to read as the adventures unfolded!

Sorry you got a mauling that's never nice, especially on pilgrim where you least expect to get one!  

If you still wish to continue with the run I'm more than happy to read your  adventures on here!  All maulings are welcome too!  

And thanks for the contributions! Very helpful! 🙂 

Never thought I'd go out that way but that was one angry moose! If I'd had more sense I would've shot him while I was next to the car!  And I should've stayed in Milton too! 

Still wondering if it was immortal  lol🙂 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

I was just reading some of this extraordinarily long thread, and it struck me that I should take a look at the wolf maulings in my current interloper run.

wolf struggles: 61

wolves killed: 234

I'm amazed that there are so many.

Yeah it is kinda long ! Not totally sure how it got that way though! 🙂

That's a good amount!  Looks  like you've been  busy!  How long is the run? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

It's the best at getting them off you quickly, but it doesn't hurt them very much.

Oh right  thanks! I've been using the knife every time ! Might explain why I lost quite a bit of life on some of the maulings I had.