I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

5 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Lucky, the ground is soaking and I think it's turned back into rain. Build a snowman for me, will you lol

Haha! Will do ☃ I'll post a pic in a bit if it gets thicker. Surprised at how heavy it is. Wasn't expecting it. This is going to be great when I load TLD up later, true immersion. Might even boil some snow in my cauldron 😜

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! Will do ☃ I'll post a pic in a bit if it gets thicker. Surprised at how heavy it is. Wasn't expecting it. This is going to be great when I load TLD up later, true immersion. Might even boil some snow in my cauldron 😜

Thanks! I'm hoping we'll get some snow later on or something, I'm very envious of you, lol

• Upvote 1

The amount of animals has been very random for me. Right now I'm playing a saved vanilla Pilgrim game on Coastal Highway and the place is teeming with all kinds of wildlife. I have 2 or 3 groups of deer on the ice, deer in the woods by the red house and by the little camping cabins, 3 bears, the typical 3-4 wolf grouping by Quonset and also several wolves on the far end of the ice by the Fishing Camp and by Jackrabbit. Only thing I have not seen is Mr. Moose.

I'm going to start a quick game in CH this morning and see if the numbers are comparable with a new play-through.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

The amount of animals has been very random for me. Right now I'm playing a saved vanilla Pilgrim game on Coastal Highway and the place is teeming with all kinds of wildlife. I have 2 or 3 groups of deer on the ice, deer in the woods by the red house and by the little camping cabins, 3 bears, the typical 3-4 wolf grouping by Quonset and also several wolves on the far end of the ice by the Fishing Camp and by Jackrabbit. Only thing I have not seen is Mr. Moose.

I'm going to start a quick game in CH this morning and see if the numbers are comparable with a new play-through.

That's interesting! I have 1 wolf at Quonset and the island! On every run I've had! None on the ice near the fishing camp ,ever but I also have the three bears , every time!  If I'm lucky I'll have 2 deer near the bear island and a couple at deer clearing!  This is on all my standard pilgrim runs! Maybe even before the last update! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's interesting! I have 1 wolf at Quonset and the island! On every run I've had! None on the ice near the fishing camp ,ever but I also have the three bears , every time!  If I'm lucky I'll have 2 deer near the bear island and a couple at deer clearing!  This is on all my standard pilgrim runs! Maybe even before the last update! 

I sometimes have 3 wolves around the fishing camp. 2 on the ice and 1 patrolling from the entrance to the road and up the slope to where the cabin is in the woods. Often see 2 or 3 at Quonset and a further 3 on the ice. Seems quite random. Really intriguing.

34 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! For once I get one over on you 💪😄 I'll huff and puff it over in your direction. To be honest it's just started slowing down a bit 😫

I guess it worked! It's sleeting quite a bit for us now so that's good at least

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

I sometimes have 3 wolves around the fishing camp. 2 on the ice and 1 patrolling from the entrance to the road and up the slope to where the cabin is in the woods. Often see 2 or 3 at Quonset and a further 3 on the ice. Seems quite random. Really intriguing.

Oh, do you play pilgrim too? 

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

Sorry about your lack of snow, hopefully it will come back 🤞

Woop we have snow!! Not much but the flakes are big

Yay! Beware of avalanches 😜 glad you're getting some ethereal powder. I'm thinking there may be snow mounds in the loft with the gaping holes in the roof due to the wind.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Dont you play stalker though! I know there are more on stalker than say loper but they are less vicious ,or so I've heard!🙂 

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Oh, do you play pilgrim too? 

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Dont you play stalker though! I know there are more on stalker than say loper but they are less vicious ,or so I've heard!🙂 

I always play custom modes, so I've no idea of pilgrim/stalker settings tbh. I thought I'd put all populations on low with resources vanishing over time or something. Sometimes places are like a ghost town, other times there are quite a few animals about. Swings and roundabouts.

3 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

What wolves there are on Interloper can hurt you really badly, and they seem to come from miles around.  That last part might just be my imagination though.

Lol! Don't think it's you!🙂   I watch a few videos on YouTube and they are all loper. Seems to me that they can smell you from quite a distance, or from just behind that rock in front of you!🙂

I always play custom modes, so I've no idea of pilgrim/stalker settings tbh. I thought I'd put all populations on low with resources vanishing over time or something. Sometimes places are like a ghost town, other times there are quite a few animals about. Swings and roundabouts.

Oh yeah sorry I forgot!🙂  So who knows what level yours is then!?😜 

Oooh! I want to play on the swings!  Don't like the roundabouts, make me dizzy!🙂  Not that there are any that I've noticed on the game but I'm as blind as a bald crow anyway!😜

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Oh yeah sorry I forgot!🙂  So who knows what level yours is then!?😜 

Oooh! I want to play on the swings!  Don't like the roundabouts, make me dizzy!🙂  Not that there are any that I've noticed on the game but I'm as blind as a bald crow anyway!😜

🤣👍 Blind as a bald crow, nearly wet myself 🤣

Yeah I don't know what level you could class it as. Everything's very sparse, except storm lanterns. I have 16 🤔

Edited by Matt Lomax

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

🤣👍 Blind as a bald crow, nearly wet myself 🤣

Yeah I don't know what level you could class it as. Everything's very sparse, except storm lanterns. I have 16 🤔

Lol😁  only lanterns? Wonder what happened to all the spray cans then?  Maybe the crows took them to try and cover themselves with?🙂 

Seriously though,why so many? Probably enough to paint the prison inside and outside with! And still have some spare!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol😁  only lanterns? Wonder what happened to all the spray cans then?  Maybe the crows took them to try and cover themselves with?🙂 

Seriously though,why so many? Probably enough to paint the prison inside and outside with! And still have some spare!

😂 Forget about them, think I have over 60 spray cans. I need to count them up. Be good if you could spray paint places, interior decorating 😄

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

😂 Forget about them, think I have over 60 spray cans. I need to count them up. Be good if you could spray paint places, interior decorating 😄

Not sure I'd like to live in an orange house! You'd need shades just to sleep!🙂

• Upvote 1

Oh dear ... Get dried off and hug the radiator. Have a nice iced coffee to, um, warm you up? 🤔 bet it was nice to be out in though 😻

Yeah it was lovely. Its not settling but still snowing quite heavily so it might do. How's the snow in Yorkshire? Still snowing I hope

Going to go warm up with a bit of iced tea now! 

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Glad you're not frozen to the pavement though!🙂 

Got to go and see if I can find any wolves to annoy now. I only have the next two hours available on the console and I can't multitask with this!

I'm rubbish at it!  Back later!🙂

Haha thanks, I was starting to wonder if I would be, it's not warm lol. 

And good luck! 

1 hour ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

What wolves there are on Interloper can hurt you really badly, and they seem to come from miles around.  That last part might just be my imagination though.

This might help:

Pilgrim:  Wolf spawn chance is set to low and time to respawn is set to medium and their spawn distance is medium.  There is no reduction in animal population over time.  There smell range is low and detection range is medium.  Your smelliness increase is also medium.

Stalker: Wolf spawn chance is very high and their spawn distance is close.  The time time to respawn is still medium, but the population reduction over time is medium (so the longer you go in a stalker file, the fewer wolves you should encounter).  Their smell range and detection range and your smelliness increase are all the same as in pilgrim.

Interloper: Wolf spawn chance is only high (not very high), but the spawn distance is still close and time to respawn is still medium.  Population reduction over time is high (which is higher than stalker), so the population reduction is more severe as well as not being as high as stalker to start with.  However, the smell range is high (so they can smell you from farther away than in stalker).  However, your smelliness and their detection range are still both at medium (same as in pilgrim).

As you can see, there is plenty of room to make a custom run with wolves that are much more numerous throughout the duration of the run and much more able to detect you than in stalker or even in interloper.

Set wolf spawn chance to Very High, Time to respawn to Low, Reduce Population over time to None, Spawn Distance to Close, Smell Range to Very High, Scent Increase to High, and Detection Range to Far.

ETA:   I should add that, on Xbox at least, there appears to be an overall "animal cap" such that if you set all the animal spawns to very high, you wind up with fewer animals of each type than if you just push one setting to very high.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2