Allows feats progression in Custom Mode

ArcherAC3

I've made a thread and asked this before over an year ago and I ask it again.

Why can we not unlock feats during Custom playthrough if feats can be just as easily exploited in Pilgrim and Interloper just the same?

The default game modes are flawed from my point of view, as in they don't feel realistic and enjoyable enough. The closest one to my liking would be Voyageur, but God knows why you can't get many negative afflictions from that game mode, meaning I can eat raw meat without a care and will be woken up if I'm freezing to death.

Jump one level up, to Stalker, and you have a much more unrealistic and personally unpleasant experience due to artificial difficulty increase, much more unrealistic animal behaviour and unrealistically higher calories and fluid consumption, making it not at all enjoyable at all for me.

Yet now, I'm forbidden of progressing feats and feeling that sense of accomplishment by playing a game mode exactly like Voyageur except with all afflictions turned on (making the game HARDER...).

Come on, why forcing such limitations to players that won't change a single thing on how you yourself may play the game? It's silly and dull to say the least.

• Upvote 2

I once thought of the same thing, but then I came to realize that (other than a very brief feeling of some sort of accomplishment) the Feats are completely useless for me anyway. Why would I want to make the game easier on purpose? Even if I for some reason wanted to do that I could just tweak Custom more...

Edited by Mistral

7 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Since the feat progression takes place in any standard difficulty, I see no reason why Custom difficulties should be arbitrarily excluded from this.  It's a dumb rule for a dumb, grindy mechanic overall.

Adding some food for thought - A lot has changed in the last year or so since this topic was last brought forth.  I see a lot more streamers playing custom games and custom challenges... even custom tournaments... and not so many saying that the standard difficulties are the only way to play the game.  More people have discovered that one of the best features about TLD is the ability to customize the gameplay and to share those custom codes with their friends.  Why not allow newer players to progress their "walk 1,000 km in blizzards" type feats within a NOGOA (or other) custom game... especially when watching such tournaments and challenges on Twitch might be what draws them towards TLD in the first place? 

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mistral said:

I once thought of the same thing, but then I came to realize that (other than a very brief feeling of some sort of accomplishment) the Feats are completely useless for me anyway. Why would I want to make the game easier on purpose? Even if I for some reason wanted to do that I could just tweak Custom more...

Would be the accomplishment for me.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 3:16 AM, Mistral said:

As I said, it's the sense of progress and accomplishment, not the reward. Otherwise, achievements in general - Steam, Xbox or PS Thropies - would also mean nothing, but for some reason they're still out there.

• Upvote 1