my favorite moments in Espisode 2

piddy3825

the story begins 

screen_47f5d767-d7aa-42b2-8b9d-2a60325791e3_hi.thumb.png.8fa57bd8ae0225f1a7762ffcb9f9517a.png

finding Hank in his prepper cache bunker

screen_c54aec3c-3a57-416e-a4fd-4abe68de6278_hi.thumb.png.0270fd604719ab8e7641003635a27288.png

stocking up Jeremiah's cabin

20211229185746_1.thumb.jpg.cb7516f3084f319576c486f0bd02d049.jpg

what???  you want me kill a bear with a spear?  are you nuts?

screen_a9ca38d1-2a01-43ab-8ea6-142e3d9d79ca_hi.thumb.png.ffe355a398a7c8ea01728d87a4afa02c.png

stand and plant firmly!!!!

screen_43f512b7-8f2c-46e2-80dc-1b5abb21d223_hi.thumb.png.3f38c318b3be728b4995ed1ca13f8316.png

From the depths of Hell, I stab at thee

screen_11bba1c4-5640-408d-bc9b-d694558b5bbd_hi.thumb.png.ce074c986dda898eb3adfd8078368faa.png

Rooaaaarrrrrr!!!!!!

screen_5625de7c-dacf-4e00-b99a-350fa7d5ecfe_hi.thumb.png.15a6c8ed9bdf7018feb5c52f75264292.png

DIE, DAMN YOU, DIE!!!!

screen_e3504333-010e-4cf3-863e-cca07608856c_hi.thumb.png.6d9038c4779d124aee58e5223361f3e6.png

Story time with Uncle Methuselah
hey, gimme a swig of that wine...

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

Few questions one this is both redux episode 2 and non redux episode 2 and where is that peppers cache?!?!

As you head down the tracks towards the tram, turn right at the loading area and head down the logging road.
when you get to the begining of the logging area, where you see the first stumps on the right side of the road, 
head over to those stumps and follow the natural slope back up and around.   You'd be walking right back toward
the dam but your line of sight will be blocked by the rocky elevation.  You'll find the cache nestled up about mid way 
tucked in the curvature of the terrain behind some trees.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

As you head down the tracks towards the tram, turn right at the loading area and head down the logging road.
when you get to the begining of the logging area, where you see the first stumps on the right side of the road, 
head over to those stumps and follow the natural slope back up and around.   You'd be walking right back toward
the dam but your line of sight will be blocked by the rocky elevation.  You'll find the cache nestled up about mid way 
tucked in the curvature of the terrain behind some trees.

Can the cache be found in survival mode or is it not a guaranteed thing? 

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

there is always a guaranteed cache that will spawn in ML in survival mode.  It may actually appear in the same location as the Hank's hatch in story mode but
you won't find Hank in it if you do.  That particular location is one of 9 possible spawn points for a bunker to appear in survival mode in ML.  If it does appear 
there, it's usually a clothing bunker and that can be a bonus because an Expedition Parka is typically part of the loot that most players will find inside.

In survival mode, you will typically also find a green backpack with a polaroid inside leaning up against a tree nearby.  Sometimes a corpse as well but not always.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

Wow thanks and piddy do you have any interloper tips for me?

I'm kind of an amateur

Thanks, nice to be appreciated.
We are all amateurs when it comes to surviving the rigors of life in this frozen wasteland we call home!   I honestly don't play much interloper as
I love playing with the guns.  There are some definite master class interloper players here on the forums who can give you much better advice 
as to how to be better prepared for a good Interloper difficulty survival experience.   I suggest you use the search feature and you'll find some really
good discussion threads on how to better prepare yourself for a successful interloper run.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Catlover said:

The cache does not spawn in interloper mode (i.e. when baseline resources are set to Low).  There is a similar cache in Pleasant Valley  and now one in Blackrock that will spawn in one of several locations on all difficulties except when baseline resources are set to low (as in Loper).  This is in addition to the guaranteed cache in PV below the rope to Timberwolf Mountain (which spawns on all difficulties).

To put it another way, if you are not playing with Baseline Resources set to Low or in the standard Interloper difficulty, you should be able to find a total of 4 prepper's caches (1 guaranteed in PV below the rope to TWM and 3 others (1 each in Mystery Lake, Pleasant Valley, and Blackrock).  They are usually tucked away from the well travelled loot routes in each region, so you'll have to go clamoring through some out of the way forested areas to find them.

Edited by UpUpAway95

6 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

The cache does not spawn in interloper mode (i.e. when baseline resources are set to Low).  There is a similar cache in Pleasant Valley  and now one in Blackrock that will spawn in one of several locations on all difficulties except when baseline resources are set to low (as in Loper).  This is in addition to the guaranteed cache in PV below the rope to Timberwolf Mountain (which spawns on all difficulties).

To put it another way, if you are not playing with Baseline Resources set to Low or in the standard Interloper difficulty, you should be able to find a total of 4 prepper's caches (1 guaranteed in PV below the rope to TWM and 3 others (1 each in Mystery Lake, Pleasant Valley, and Blackrock).  They are usually tucked away from the well travelled loot routes in each region, so you'll have to go clamoring through some out of the way forested areas to find them.

9 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

there is always a guaranteed cache that will spawn in ML in survival mode.  It may actually appear in the same location as the Hank's hatch in story mode but
you won't find Hank in it if you do.  That particular location is one of 9 possible spawn points for a bunker to appear in survival mode in ML.  If it does appear 
there, it's usually a clothing bunker and that can be a bonus because an Expedition Parka is typically part of the loot that most players will find inside.

In survival mode, you will typically also find a green backpack with a polaroid inside leaning up against a tree nearby.  Sometimes a corpse as well but not always.

Thanks guys! Your advice was very helpful. I've been playing custom with loper loot and was wondering why I couldn't find why caches. I'll have to go out and find them, I need that parka, lol! 

• 2 weeks later...