Perspectives on survival

Bromstarzan

Hi all!

Just a casual discussion if you like!

I enjoyed Episode 4 and now I'm back on my survival (day 395 or so).

I love this game, taking my time and enjoying the shifting conditions, art and audio. Now >300 days in on this session, I keep a diary from day one but do not take notes every day. Far from it, but probably have entries every  week or so (oh how I wish I could export the diary to a *.txt file). It becomes a very immersive game - creating your own story. Nearing Master skill in all categories, I was thinking the goal (end-game) would be to have 5 in all categories. Has anybody else had this as a survival goal? Or just push days until death?

I could probably survive another 200 days on my gathered resourses without risking too much, but leveling up the rest (rifle, revolver, bow and smithing skill) will force me to think again. A perfect carrot! 

Edited by Bromstarzan

Keeping a diary is actually a really good idea. I should do that. I have several runs going on right now, and every time I jump from one to another, I have to scan my inventory for several minutes and explore my surroundings a little bit, since I can't remember what was happening. 

I'm also trying to get level five everything on a Voyager run, then am going to do it on a Stalker run. I decided to knock out Gun Smithing in one day, so I stocked up a bunch of supplies at the cannery and forged a bunch of bullets. Getting level 5 is probably what's the hardest for me, and getting level 5 on mending will take a LONG time. 

Good luck on your quest! 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, my diary is good for keeping track on where I have stuff (inventory, safe-houses, routes etc). There is also the "single-page" notebook where I keep essential notes on what to do next and what not to do, lol. Wish Hinterland could implement a mechanic to draw sketches (from a screendump) to include in the diary.

I do think I also have Mending left to level up, it should be on high 3 (skilled) now so with many more cosy indoor evenings I should be able to become Master mender! :).  Just need the wood to keep the light on and the food to last. I'm on Voyager, not too hard, but for me a decent challenge (in a relaxed way now after first 50 days of struggle). Good luck you too!

Edited by Bromstarzan