Revolver immersion question....

past caring

Putting this here because it's story mode where I've noticed this - but it most likely applies equally in sandbox - surely it shouldn't be possible to pick up the revolver casings you've dropped on the ground at the very same time you are putting new bullets in the gun? But you can......

21 minutes ago, past caring said:

Putting this here because it's story mode where I've noticed this - but it most likely applies equally in sandbox - surely it shouldn't be possible to pick up the revolver casings you've dropped on the ground at the very same time you are putting new bullets in the gun? But you can......

As far as I remember it's always been like that. It's the same on survival too! Seems a  very odd thing but it's quicker so I never asked!☺️

Edited by Leeanda

Well yes, Leeanda, you're right. And logically, once the casings were introduced into the game and it became important to harvest them, the logical thing - the thing any real person would do - would be to empty them into your own hand. But given Hinterland decided not to do that, decided to make us pick them up, then it ought not to be possible to do the two things at once.......

of course IRL, you would be able to do so, but not in Hinterland's universe!  
I think they take a perverse joy in making you pick them up.  Have you ever done so in survival mode just after reloading and kinda miss the shell casing and end up firing a round into the ground?  lol, used to happen to me all the time until I just put the revolver away and then picked up my brass.  

As to collecting the shell casings in Story mode, I did at first, but then realized the futility since there was no opportunity to reload.  I just left the spent casings on the ground where they dropped.  The one thing that I do like about reloading the revolver is that you can do so on the run or while walking.  I started doing that when dealing with the never ending onslaught of timber wolves, but I never looked back to see what became of the spent shells, so much for policing your brass...

Edited by piddy3825
spelling
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

@piddy3825 - I don't need to be reloading to misfire the revolver. Scared myself half shitless  a number of times just wandering about with the thing in my hand. And story mode is relatively new to me - prior to this run through I've never had the persistence - but my time in sandbox has made picking up the casing so ingrained it's become automatic.....

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, past caring said:

@Leeanda- I'm on PC but with an Xbox 360 controller - though it could be I'm just all fingers and thumbs.

Lol🙂  didn't know you could use 360 controller on pc. . I've had several disasters using my controller,it's way too sensitive! And I'm sticking to that explanation 😁

On 11/15/2021 at 8:04 PM, piddy3825 said:

Have you ever done so in survival mode just after reloading and kinda miss the shell casing and end up firing a round into the ground?

Did that yesterday and with headphones on. Nearly gave me a heart attack! Definitely going to just put the revolver away first next time...

On 11/15/2021 at 1:09 PM, past caring said:

As long as we're talking about "immersion", we could discuss the fact that when you use the ejector on a revolver, *all* the cartridges come out, both spent and unspent.  So you'd have to place six  cartridges back in the cylinder whether you fired one or all six.

9 hours ago, Catlover said:

Did that yesterday and with headphones on. Nearly gave me a heart attack! Definitely going to just put the revolver away first next time...

yeah, that sudden gunshot ringing out loudly in your ears would be enough to make me jump and clutch my heart!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

As long as we're talking about "immersion", we could discuss the fact that when you use the ejector on a revolver, *all* the cartridges come out, both spent and unspent.  So you'd have to place six  cartridges back in the cylinder whether you fired one or all six.

you're right!  I'm thinking the wonderful design team at Hinterland Studios doesn't have a lot of real world firearms knowledge or training.  Or perhaps their handgun experience is limited to revolvers using a single cartridge loading and ejection system, like a Ruger Blackhawk single six for example.  Either way, I do like the fact that I can just reload one or two rounds at a time between shots.  I like to immediately reload after popping of a round or two, just because the animation time takes so long otherwise making me an easier target for those furry fanged marauders. 

• Upvote 1