Sneaky Developers! (Hidden Loot)

SpanishMoss

I was walking along the backside of Cater Hydro Dam when I found this sneaky little plastic container.

secretcontainor.thumb.png.db5b402456137a713f887c2d590a2663.png

To access it, you have to break one of those stacks of pallets, which takes 2hr with hatchet and 3hr with a hammer.\

I deemed it to not be worth it, but someone else can go check it out and see if its worth it.

Its located behind Carter on the left side (when standing in the river on the backside)

That poses a question, are there other secret loot places that people have missed? Because I have never heard anyone talk about this location.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, quite a few. There's ammo inside a pipe outside Hibernia, and several crates have items inside if you smash them open. In reality the items are just placed on the ground in the game world, but the only way to get them is to destroy the crate they placed on top. Many crates in the Cannery are like this, plus a couple at the plane crash at the Summit, sometimes there's an MRE inside a crate in the Maintenance Shed.

They are fairly few and far between, but when you're sitting on three bears' worth of meat and nothing but time to kill, finding these little hidden goodies is a fun way to pass the time.

• Upvote 2

Ah HA! Sneaky Devs at it again. Bet you've never seen a revolver hiding here before!screen_d8fc1822-3cc9-4c15-a2c8-4011a6589bd2.thumb.png.e976268663a0668b894c88545e96a5b1.png

Located in the Cannery Workshopscreen_0354afab-c626-47a7-b6a6-bc904dec7c8e.thumb.png.ac6c4d4e73a95e77a071424cb38a8ef2.png

Hiding behind this tank/motor thing.

The only reason I found it was because I saw my crosshair light up while walking near that area in the dark and I was like, hang on there something here hiding. So I get out my lamp and low a behold, a hidden revolver! It even have 3 bullets in it too (I play on stalker btw).

Little thing to check for next time you visit the cannery workshop.

Interesting find!

I know I found a fire-striker hidden just under the edge of a pile of pallets once. I think it was in the Carter Dam, maybe in the room with the elevator?

And I always check the floor in the front corner of the fishing huts (next to the drawers) -- have found whetstones and flares there.

There's actually quite a number of items placed like this all around the game. I thought there was another thread about this a while back? IDK. Anyway, I've long since made "poking my nose into every possible nook & cranny" a mandatory part of my play style. Worth it in the long run, I've found.