Losing arrows when taking down a deer

Levelgrinder

Hello fellow TLD players,

I'm not sure if this is bug, or something that just I experience, but when I shoot a deer with an arrow I seem to lose the arrow. It's not next to the carcass, like when you shoot a rabbit. It just seems to disappear. Even after harvesting all the meat/skin/guts the arrow is just gone. (PS4, Pilgrim, Survival btw)

The game uses images of deers with arrows sticking out of them, so why do my arrows seem to disappear/be destroyed when I take down a deer.

This is basically costing me arrowheads each time I hunt deer.

Anyone else have this problem?

Prior to the recent updates, I noticed several times where the arrow from a dead animal had gone slightly below the ground.  I walked around the area looking down and eventually found the "Simple Arrow" tag and retrieved the arrow.  I don't know if it's still doing that.

Edited by MrWolf

Are you sure you’re actually losing arrows? There was an update last year where they implemented auto-retrieval of arrows when harvesting. It works even when you don’t see the arrow. There is a brief sound effect when it happens. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:47 PM, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

I worried about losing arrows too,  but then I noticed the arrow get returned to my inventory after harvesting the carcass.  Even when I never saw it.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this possibility. I'll check my arrow numbers before and after my next kill, to see if this is actually happening.