"Flare Stacking"

hozz1235

@Stinky socks lol, the mod for the cannery workshop does work in that you can just walk across one of the  broken gaps but it is the most horrible looking piece of work you can imagine.        imagine a shitty 2D version of  a minecraft square block(s)  just meshed into the space so you can walk over it.  it looks so rank amateur, its like a purple pixelated square.  
A few in game planks would have done the trick and stayed true to the lore but that mod doesn't even try!  

but it works so you can walk over it...  

18 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

Cannery shortcut?! But that's blasphemy! No one shall avoid the rooftop jumping ritual.

After you've done it a few hundred times, it just becomes tedious!

16 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

@Stinky socks lol, the mod for the cannery workshop does work in that you can just walk across one of the  broken gaps but it is the most horrible looking piece of work you can imagine.        imagine a shitty 2D version of  a minecraft square block(s)  just meshed into the space so you can walk over it.  it looks so rank amateur, its like a purple pixelated square.  
A few in game planks would have done the trick and stayed true to the lore but that mod doesn't even try!  

but it works so you can walk over it...  

Yeah, it's not pretty, but it is practical!

Well, I guess I'll be enjoying my post apocalyptic parkour when I need some lead poured. Not sure I want to install a mod like that😞

I've actually brought over some good steak there and plenty of sodas, so when I visit, my stay there is fabulous! Anyone in the area, shout out...eh, literally, so I can pick off the wolves in the yard. We can have good steak together and listen to some music during Aurora. Oh, and bring laptop, I forgot mine somewhere in mystery lake I think.

On 8/28/2021 at 2:51 AM, peteloud said:

I was hoping that by now someone had used flares to make a shortcut to the Cannery.

In order to get sufficient flares for the stacking shown above was it necessary to edit the save file?

I suppose I could try.

Nope, those are all legit finds.

unfortunately you can't walk on top of something that you set down. I guess those items aren't actually "meshed" that way.  you end up just walking right thru them, it's like they have no real substance.  too bad.  I wish planks or crates  were an interactive item, in that you could pick them up and move them.  I could see a player building a plank and crate bridge!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 4:01 PM, piddy3825 said:

unfortunately you can't walk on top of something that you set down. I guess those items aren't actually "meshed" that way.  you end up just walking right thru them, it's like they have no real substance.  too bad.  I wish planks or crates  were an interactive item, in that you could pick them up and move them.  I could see a player building a plank and crate bridge!  

I saw someone place a rock cache across from that low pier and use it to run across. So I guess that's a way, though I expect you might fall down a lot when trying to use it.

2 hours ago, Jaspo said:

I saw someone place a rock cache across from that low pier and use it to run across. So I guess that's a way, though I expect you might fall down a lot when trying to use it.

I tried building a tiered rock cache myself and was unsuccessful in the attempt.  where did you see this?  I'd like to check that out.  can you post a link?

19 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

I tried building a tiered rock cache myself and was unsuccessful in the attempt.  where did you see this?  I'd like to check that out.  can you post a link?

Hmm maybe I was actually thinking of this. But I thought I saw someone, maybe LMG, do a rock cache jump to the pier as well. Could be remembering wrong.

4 hours ago, Jaspo said:

Hmm maybe I was actually thinking of this. But I thought I saw someone, maybe LMG, do a rock cache jump to the pier as well. Could be remembering wrong.

Yeah, I've seen Zanakin's long jump to avoid the rope climb trick.  Still gotta do the parkour course anyways, so, no.    did you see @peteloud's post just above your reply?  stacking like that...  Problem with that doing rock caches is that you max out at 5 on any single map.   I wasn't able to span any distance or gain any height elevation that would make feasible.  maybe someone else can perfect a technique that works...