Trapped on Marsh Ridge Forlorn Muskeg

Nalliah

Hi, 
the climbing point to Milton Basin is situated between the transition cave towards the waterfall (right) and the open cave (left). You may have to aim a bit higher than usual, but the vines at the climbing spot are visible. The first climb can be avoided by walking to the left and up.
If You found the rope mounting point, head back with the mountain side to Your right and You will come to the transition cave / path to the waterfall. From the waterfall, You can go down and reach Mystery lake by keeping to the left, passing the radio tower. There are some wolfs around, so be cautious.

There are lots of options going from there. The climb to the basin is between the two caves on the upper edge. Otherwise you can do these things:

• Looking down on the muskeg there is an indoor cave on the upper left side that takes you to Hat Creek
  • You can also walk to the creek without using the cave from its entrance
  •  In some places you can easily goat down the cliff side if you don't have a rope for the climbing spot

Map: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1756937047924325810/A0AF282B9BEF1EF9B40F68262216B1101398ED20/

2 hours ago, Nalliah said:

So is the only way OUT of Marsh Ridge back into Milton Basin to climb the vines?

No, You can also get down with a rope (or maybe goating) towards Low Blind. Then there is the cave to the waterfall and the footpath to the waterfall, both leading to Hat Creek and down to the lower level.

2 hours ago, mfuegemann said:

No, You can also get down with a rope (or maybe goating) towards Low Blind. Then there is the cave to the waterfall and the footpath to the waterfall, both leading to Hat Creek and down to the lower level.

That's how I first answered him, then I changed my answer after I reread his question and noted he was asking how to get back to the Milton Basin....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...