Colorblind mode

FreeSTONE

• 6 months later...

After 6 months no reply, I am trying again:
Could colorblind mode be added? Just simple reconfiguration of the color-changing schemas that are already there. I wonder why this was not massively extended already.

Bonus points if the color-changing would be connected with gameplay - like, player finds tinted glasses - each of them can be equipped and give different effect.
Could also add some protection from cold and damage.

Maybe aven some achievement to "find all 6 types of glasses".

45 minutes ago, FreeSTONE said:

Could colorblind mode be added? Just simple reconfiguration of the color-changing schemas that are already there. I wonder why this was not massively extended already.

Bonus points if the color-changing would be connected with gameplay - like, player finds tinted glasses - each of them can be equipped and give different effect.

How would people who are not colorblind be effected by such glasses?  Would it, instead, skew the colors that already exist in the game.

I could see this as being something that modders might add so that people could add it in only if they wanted it or needed it.  If HL adds it, it should be an accessibility option only... not affecting the gameplay or the feat/achievement status of the file.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 6:04 AM, FreeSTONE said:

Thanks for following up, and apologies for not responding sooner. 

Are there any areas that feel particularly challenging at the moment? We will certainly make sure the design team takes it into consideration for future updates. 

Edit: Just confirmed that this is already on the team's radar and we are currently working on solutions. Thanks again! 

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:41 PM, Admin said:

Are there any areas that feel particularly challenging at the moment? We will certainly make sure the design team takes it into consideration for future updates. 

Edit: Just confirmed that this is already on the team's radar and we are currently working on solutions. Thanks again! 

Thanks! Those are good news.

Nothing particularly challenging (at least for me). But after the mode is added, I can comment again to confirm, what new things I started to see 🙂

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FreeSTONE said:

Thanks! Those are good news.

Nothing particularly challenging (at least for me). But after the mode is added, I can comment again to confirm, what new things I started to see 🙂

Thanks again for the comments. We'll share an update if/when one is available (no ETA currently), and we appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/26/2022 at 3:53 PM, UpUpAway95 said:

How would people who are not colorblind be effected by such glasses? 

I meant, besides any colorblind people. Just a game item: glasses, that can be used, to protect eyes, and to see world in different colours. Like, if put on, you can see yellow-tinted. Could be useful in night.

• 9 months later...
On 3/9/2022 at 8:41 PM, Admin said:

Hello!

Future updates came, I even bought the DLC - nahh, nothing for colorblind people. But I'm not complainting. This is just a "ping".

Maybe you could somehow re-open that topic? 

• 4 months later...
On 3/14/2022 at 7:17 PM, Admin said:

Thanks again for the comments. We'll share an update if/when one is available (no ETA currently), and we appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Can I ask again, how the colorblind filter is going? I realized it could be useful when searching for coal in caves. And maybe the weather (or su) would look a bit better for us.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for the continued discussion. @FreeSTONE-- we are still working on a number of accessibility options, and we don't currently have any new information to share on this. We will absolutely post information if or when it is available.