Heavier. Will or bear?

Leeanda

How can a bear which weighs about three or four times more than Will not only walk on thin ice but die on it !!so is the bear so skinny from lack of food? Or has Will got a hidden stash of high protein food somewhere and he's bingeing on it while we're not looking?

Observation is the best information we have. If bears are being supported but Will is not, then that must mean Will puts more force/area on the ice. There is some evidence supporting the idea that Will is actually a robot. However we also know that the bear has a maximum weight of about 55-60kg or so while appearing to be quite large. Compared to the size of the paws, it's actually quite light. It's not surprising it wouldn't fall through the ice while our potentially steel avatar does.

I forgot about the force ratio!  Still a waste of bear meat though! All that ammo wasted and only the wolves can eat him!  

Even with the force factor he still walked onto the flipping I e!! Pity there's no grapples could have tried to hook and pull him off the ice!

I do think it is a case of mediocre design. I was annoyed by deer running over thin ice in FM, where my - half starved - Will broke into the ice. The hoof/weight ratio of a deer should be worse than that of Will.
For the killed bear, I do feel with You. What a shame with the wasted meat and resources. 

• Upvote 1

Honestly not short of meat! Got two resident moose in the neighbourhood but it's the ammo that's starting to dwindle!! Had to traipse miles this morning after realising I needed lead for the bullets! Luckily there were three batteries outside the community hall in PV! Now I'm stuck in my third blizzard in one and a half days!! By the time I get back to BL he will have respawned!

7 hours ago, mfuegemann said:

I do think it is a case of mediocre design. I was annoyed by deer running over thin ice in FM, where my - half starved - Will broke into the ice. The hoof/weight ratio of a deer should be worse than that of Will.
For the killed bear, I do feel with You. What a shame with the wasted meat and resources. 

Deer are about as heavy as a maine coon or possibly a chausie. Often times people forget this about TLD. The animals are incredibly light so it's not surprising that they don't break through the ice.