Most inexplicably bizarre interloper run ever

Of the hundreds of hours I have played this game my recent interloper run takes the cake. 
   So far at 160 days in this run I have found items I have absolutely never seen before- almost looks like a stalker run. 
  I found climbing socks- yes, climbing socks in HRV cave. 
  Also in HRV I found a flare shell on a corpse. 
   I am found a box of pistol ammo and several rounds on another corpse. 
   I found rifle shell casings by another corpse. 
  Then in FM at the cave to BI I killed a wolf just before entering the cave. It was too cold to harvest it so went inside cave to get some coal and grabbed a few hours sleep. When I went outside to harvest the wolf I found- get this... 6 feathers. I never knew it was possible to ever have more than four. In fact later about 100 days in I killed two timberwolves in BI and after harvesting them I collected 12 feathers. Totally unheard of that I have ever seen. 
  Then to top it off, and my motivation for making this post- on day 160 today I was on my way to climbers cave in AC and found an abandoned camp. Imagine my surprise as I approached the camp and could clearly see..... a RIFLE. As I approached i could see it was broken and indeed it was a broken rifle- I was unable to pick it up or interact with it but man it had me stunned for a minute there. I have never heard of note seen a rifle much less any of these other things before. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I almost didn't believe you at first, but I looked it up and pretty quickly found video evidence of this bizzare, broken Interloper rifle. Great find, well done! Keep us posted on this run, especially if it keeps being so odd!

Edited by Megaloceros
  • Upvote 1

Wohaa. At first I thought @Lord of the Long Dark might have consumed mushrooms before the cake-taking interloper run, but the video convinced me (rep to both o'ya). It has been a loong time that I went to the wishlist section on these forums and suggested introducing a broken rifle item to the game, which can be broken down into 'rifle parts' which in turn can be used to repair another broken rifle into a functioning rifle. Of course sepcial tools would be needed which can only be found in some other far-away location. All in order to have the long-term and hard-to-achieve goal in interloper to finally obtain a rifle (albeit with only few bullets to actually use it). Maybe that is coming at last? Would be awesome if the broken rifle could be picked up after some future update...

3 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Wohaa. At first I thought @Lord of the Long Dark might have consumed mushrooms before the cake-taking interloper run, but the video convinced me (rep to both o'ya). It has been a loong time that I went to the wishlist section on these forums and suggested introducing a broken rifle item to the game, which can be broken down into 'rifle parts' which in turn can be used to repair another broken rifle into a functioning rifle. Of course sepcial tools would be needed which can only be found in some other far-away location. All in order to have the long-term and hard-to-achieve goal in interloper to finally obtain a rifle (albeit with only few bullets to actually use it). Maybe that is coming at last? Would be awesome if the broken rifle could be picked up after some future update...

Under no circumstances should rifles or any firearms ever be allowed to be crafted or discovered in interloper. It wouldn’t be interloper then. It would be stalker. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark

This broken rifle was reported on here when Ash Canyon was first introduced to the game.  It is present in all difficulties.  Speculation is that it has a purpose in Wintermute (much luke the bear spear) and will not be available to be repaired in any difficulty.  I don't believe it can even be picked up at this point.

1 hour ago, UpUpAway95 said:

This broken rifle was reported on here when Ash Canyon was first introduced to the game.  It is present in all difficulties.  Speculation is that it has a purpose in Wintermute (much luke the bear spear) and will not be available to be repaired in any difficulty.  I don't believe it can even be picked up at this point.

Confirmed - it's static.  I have found no way to interact with it.

On 5/31/2021 at 6:42 PM, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Under no circumstances should rifles or any firearms ever be allowed to be crafted or discovered in interloper. It wouldn’t be interloper then. It would be stalker. 

Ah, much to learn the young Padawan has. The differences between Stalker and Interloper, manifold they are.

• Upvote 1