Map marker

Leeanda

In story mode, the white arrow on the map is your GPS tag, and functions as a marker.

In survival mode, you are meant to get lost in a blizzard, that's what makes them challenging. Having said that, spray paint can function as a map marker if you're lost.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/26/2021 at 2:58 PM, Leeanda said:

I would think that a map marker would come in handy on survival as well as story mode! Helpful when lost in blizzards as I have been several times!!

In the wild, you do not have a GPS to guide you. That's the point of the game, to be able to navigate freely using a map as you would in the wild in real life. It would be good to see compasses added 

Here is a tip for figuring out your direction in survival. Drop a stick, every dropped stick lands in the same exact direction no matter the weather, surface, or region. 

Game lore does not allow for a compass (geomagnetic). 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cranky said:

Here is a tip for figuring out your direction in survival. Drop a stick, every dropped stick lands in the same exact direction no matter the weather, surface, or region. 

Game lore does not allow for a compass (geomagnetic). 

Yes I remembered that last night! They always point north supposedly!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Baba Yaga is against it. But I want to add that I thought about it at the first stages of the game. Then I got used to it and learned to navigate through pain, through death, through experience. The reason for my suffering is understandable, but I have coped with it and I feel that I have achieved something and become better. This is a kind of inner satisfaction. If there is this location marker, as a result, the game would be very boring for me and would not bring any pleasure and the thought that I have overcome something.

In defense of the topic, I want to add that if it would be possible to add a new game to the settings mode, the item - on. off. location marker. This would satisfy a beginner.