Blue trailers Red trailers Green trailers

oplli

It would be cool if we had a small variety of buildings when they look the same ex: mystery lake camp office is a unique building. I am talking about the trailers, the broken houses (the ones where we have a stove inside) the hunters blinds etc. 

A whole new set of colors and insides for examples A blue trailer has beds and desks inside but a green trailer will only have tables lockers and chairs to eat. Tools could be stored inside red trailers along some other random objects. All of this would give a nice toutch to the enviroment compared to the 3 blue trailers with beds and desks inside that are all the same

For the broken houses maybe it could have some picnics tables around them and benches. Some could only have half of the structure remaining or only a hole on one side. Tables inside coule be a great addition or even some lockers and safes sometimes !

Those were a couple of examples but there is a lot of common buildings inside all the regions so if I have forgotten any buildings that are kind of bold and you would like to see revampted dont hesitate to post your idea !

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Still about the low variety issue, a thing that bothers me is the copy-paste pattern on loot in the cabins and trailers. You enter 4 or 5 cabins on CH (for example) and have exactly the same flare under the couch, spray can laid down on kitchen shelf, empty plastic container, newspaper on table etc, on every cabins. Looks like a lazy design.

• Upvote 2

I did notice that trailers actually have different designs on newer maps, or am I wrong? Beached out trailer is of a different color at least, I think (maybe I just remember it wrong).

Nothing against variety. Although it would make quite sense for all the trailers to be the same - as it is my understanding the trailers in the game are probably used by the lumbering company that is cutting down trees on the island. It might make sense that only a certain kind of trailer contractor would be able to outfit Great bear with trailers, thus giving it more of a uniformed look. However, the Gold mine area appears to be pretty outdated - it might be a great little detail if the trailers were different there, more "outdated". Still, I dont mind it the way it is. Changing a small thing like this might be a huge undertaking for the dev team, and design team, and I just dont think the value compared to resources would be worth it. I do like the idea, though.

EDIT: There are other types of trailers. You have the gray variety (DP, whaling plant) and the blue kind (lumbering company). Since the Whaling plant seems more outdated, it actually makes sense for there to be two different trailer kinds. 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:10 PM, Old Hermit said:

Still about the low variety issue, a thing that bothers me is the copy-paste pattern on loot in the cabins and trailers. You enter 4 or 5 cabins on CH (for example) and have exactly the same flare under the couch, spray can laid down on kitchen shelf, empty plastic container, newspaper on table etc, on every cabins. Looks like a lazy design.

I dont think this is an issue of design but more of an issue of loottables. Some of the "randomized" places like houses in Coastal town, Milton, Thompsons crossing - share couple of different indoor spawn options. If two of the same options spawn, it may seem like a game with the flare spawning in  same place. But I think thats just random coincidence. Nothing can be done about this unless each house has a hand-crafted loot table options which would be a terrible idea - it would make the world loot less random, more streamlined. 

On 5/6/2021 at 3:07 PM, k0s0ff said:

I'd like to see toilets near the lake houses. In general, it would be interesting to visit houses when each is different from the other. I want more history in the places that are visited.

I agree! The game already has a design for "outhouse", I always found it really strange that many of the areas didnt have a single outhouse around the place. Where do they go to relieve themselves? 

• Upvote 2