Can Crampons be Repaired?

4 hours ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

I haven't gotten them yet, and am all the way in Mystery lake at the moment. I want to get the new gear, but if they can't be repaired, that seems like a long trek for a short-lived convenience item.

First of all crampons are hardly short lived. using them only when needed they will last well over a year. 
  also I made a wish list request that the developers make them repairable at the mill. Word is this was implemented in a recent update but I haven’t tried it because I still haven’t needed to- mine are still at 70% on interloper after 300+ days.   But the idea is this would finally give interloper players a valid reason to go to BI. 

37 minutes ago, Schrodingers Box said:

First of all crampons are hardly short lived. using them only when needed they will last well over a year. 
  also I made a wish list request that the developers make them repairable at the mill. Word is this was implemented in a recent update but I haven’t tried it because I still haven’t needed to- mine are still at 70% on interloper after 300+ days.   But the idea is this would finally give interloper players a valid reason to go to BI. 

Thanks for the reply!  I'm glad to hear they last for a long time then. I was expecting something similar to the whetstone, or tools. Hopefully anyone who has tried it after the update can verify if they can be repaired at the mill. That would be pretty nice

• Upvote 1

I got mine a long time ago and they're still 100%, although I o ly use them when climbing or when traversing thin ice or where I know terrain is easy to suffer strain.

They used to get wet and not dry up, but after I dried mine up by letting them sit near fire then equipping and equipping, they dried up and haven't been wet ever since. I almost thought there was a quick update that fixed wetness.

Wetness is sometimes good, but not in crampons.

• Upvote 1

Mine are down to 34% but I initially wore them everywhere. I just recently started using them sparingly. Maybe Hinterland will hook us up with a way to repair them some day. As was mentioned, I think the mill in Bleak Inlet would be a great spot for repair. It would give us Interlopers a good reason to go there! I always make that the last region I visit, when I'm well-heeled in skills and gear.

2 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

i'm pretty sure I read here somewhere a while ago that they had repaired their crampons at the mill.  Like others here, I haven't yet had a need to repair them myself, so I haven't tested it.

That repair didn't work for everyone. OP claimed he was able to fix them on mill station, but others did not have any success. Perhaps there was a hotfix and hinterland changed something..

1 minute ago, Stinky socks said:

That repair didn't work for everyone. OP claimed he was able to fix them on mill station, but others did not have any success. Perhaps there was a hotfix and hinterland changed something..

Thanks.  I didn't follow the topic after that post about the repair working.  Like others, I tend to use them sparingly.  Before they were introduced, I got very used to using rest and coffee to get up ropes, so I've even just continued that practice for the most part.  In my current run, I haven't been to Ash Canyon yet, so I don't even have a pair right now.

I have had mine for about 60 in game days now. I believe they are still in the 90's as far as condition goes. 

I have been able to climb ropes at half alertness that in the past I could not. While climbing I rarely if ever have to stop on a ledge to regen stamina. (Playing on stalker difficulty)

The real beauty is that's just half the bonus of going to AC to get them. Right next to them is the tac pack. That extra 10 pounds of carry weight is amazing. You really appreciate it if you happen to lose the well fed bonus.

My only regret was waiting till day 150 to go get them.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2