What would you like to see in TLD or TLD 2

Michael1986

9 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

Perhaps use Seattle as the template.  Not quite Canada I know, but it would fit the bill.  Especially with the underground city that’s still accessible in some places.  I’ve been to Victoria but I don’t remember much in the way of “sky scrapers”.  Cool city though

Ooo!!  An underground city sounds cool and kind of creepy😁.  But maybe skyscrapers would be a bit too high so just some apartment blocks.  ?

10 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Ooo!!  An underground city sounds cool and kind of creepy😁.  But maybe skyscrapers would be a bit too high so just some apartment blocks.  ?

image.thumb.jpeg.91aab080c06f17b27449e1ff4ca10c89.jpegFFEB840D-200C-4EE5-9665-5CD15AD529CB.webp.1b76d6ce5b05aad693ed5092104583d4.webp

looks like Vancouver BC is a great template for that.  Underground railway and postal systems plus high and mid rise buildings. 

But looking at Victoria BC… it’s got castles, underground tunnels, mid rises, on an island….. That might be the way to go!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

image.thumb.jpeg.91aab080c06f17b27449e1ff4ca10c89.jpegFFEB840D-200C-4EE5-9665-5CD15AD529CB.webp.1b76d6ce5b05aad693ed5092104583d4.webp

looks like Vancouver BC is a great template for that.  Underground railway and postal systems plus high and mid rise buildings. 

But looking at Victoria BC… it’s got castles, underground tunnels, mid rises, on an island….. That might be the way to go!

They both sound great but I'm definitely leaning towards Victoria 🙂. I've always liked castles👍

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, conanjaguar said:

@Semple Fi

An urban setting could plausibly have gangs or factions of rival survivors, and possibly diplomacy or armed conflict between them. A major concern, though, would be in implementing this feature without further raising the (already unfair) 16+ age rating.

It did seem a bit of a high rating before episode 4 came out.  I suppose they considered the attacks/blood unsuitable.  Sadly youth has lost its innocence in the last few decades though.  No offence meant of course.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

It did seem a bit of a high rating before episode 4 came out.  I suppose they considered the attacks/blood unsuitable.  Sadly youth has lost its innocence in the last few decades though.  No offence meant of course.

No matter what people believe as of the last 15 minutes, YES, in many ways youth has lost its innocence today.  I won’t get into a tirade because this isn’t the forum to do so…. But no apology needed.  You are not wrong in that assessment.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

@Semple Fi

An urban setting could plausibly have gangs or factions of rival survivors, and possibly diplomacy or armed conflict between them. A major concern, though, would be in implementing this feature without further raising the (already unfair) 16+ age rating.

It definitely opens up a huge world of gameplay, and if it’s in the spirit of TLD… I’M ALL IN!!! I assume the current rating is due to the language, and hopefully it stays no worse than that.  Even with rival factions, I would think it can still be adjusted accordingly.  
As you know, I’m not into the Zombie or warfare aspect of any game… plenty of those all ready… but I think your idea would add a lot of depth to gameplay.  

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

No matter what people believe as of the last 15 minutes, YES, in many ways youth has lost its innocence today.  I won’t get into a tirade because this isn’t the forum to do so…. But no apology needed.  You are not wrong in that assessment.  

Thought it was me getting old....    Remember things like writing with pen and paper?🙂

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e6740d2b8d14e301cbad7160c7e4ea75.jpegimage.jpeg.84d31afe2adc2c499520051eaf00d8dd.jpegimage.jpeg.6634e83525540f3ab2ed287bf85a6285.jpeg

I remember these too!! 😉🙂

LoL.   No idea what that first one is though🙂.  But ah yes the lovely walkman.  I'd expect to find things like that in great bear . It'd be nice to switch one of those on and wander round the island listening to music.  Especially if you're trapped inside during a blizzard. It'd drown out those rattling noises.😁 

How about a Rubik's cube?🙂

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

LoL.   No idea what that first one is though🙂.  But ah yes the lovely walkman.  I'd expect to find things like that in great bear . It'd be nice to switch one of those on and wander round the island listening to music.  Especially if you're trapped inside during a blizzard. It'd drown out those rattling noises.😁 

How about a Rubik's cube?🙂

Make the cube a mini-game!!  I’m not sure what the achievement would be….  First one was a word processor, aka, electronic typewriter.  
@Ghurcb that’s a really cool idea! It would require some more voice acting but WOW… imagine the additional depth of immersion with that!

9 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Make the cube a mini-game!!  I’m not sure what the achievement would be….  First one was a word processor, aka, electronic typewriter.  
@Ghurcb that’s a really cool idea! It would require some more voice acting but WOW… imagine the additional depth of immersion with that!

Ah right thank you.🙂.   Do you think Will would really have the patience for a Rubik cube though😁. Doesn't strike me as the type. Still it'd be better than cards if we could actually see it being done.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, diggity said:

So many, many things, but to sum it up: more freedom.  Less constraints.  Freedom!

Freedom to craft more items, pitons, icepick (like the one Mad's character finds in Arctic, great movie)
Freedom to explore more, rock climb more, do icefall climbing, build a canoe, a raft, a smokehouse, skis.
Freedom to tinker more with the forge.  Craft a spear (mentioned many times). A machete.
Make a truck in FA driveable, after much work and collecting of parts and studying of mechanics.

And on the danger side I would add avalanches, hailstorms, snow blindness, malnutrition and hallucinations.
Maybe a Yeti lol.

I would make the books real publicly available books, ie Robinson Crusoe, various classics in the public domain.

There's probably a million things the devs themselves envision but are limited by all kinds of constraints.
Nevertheless they've made an amazing game.

Man, I like your ideas. I'm not sure, whether it's too much realistically to make, but it's in my opinion the ideal Hinterland could strive for.

I would really wish for procedural worlds. TLD is cool, but I really don't like, that the first part after spawn becomes routine. You exactly know, where to look for loot. You make maybe some decisions (going for forge in FM or DP, but knowing where forges are), but all in all, your spawn decides your way through the first gameplay hour.

I envision a procedural world, where you always have to first find out about the environment and find things. Maybe you find parts of maps or whole maps, so you know, where to go. And without maps, you'd be pretty much lost. Such a system could play with hope pretty much.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Razum said:

I would really wish for procedural worlds. TLD is cool, but I really don't like, that the first part after spawn becomes routine. You exactly know, where to look for loot. You make maybe some decisions (going for forge in FM or DP, but knowing where forges are), but all in all, your spawn decides your way through the first gameplay hour.

Yes, 100%, this is my dream. I love feeling lost and having to survive not knowing where resources and shelter are, and not knowing what is around the next corner. It's getting hard to remember the incredible feeling of being in bad shape, thinking you're going to die, and suddenly a building comes into view...

• Upvote 3