Aurora accessible areas?

Syraith

Tried looking online and here but not finding much...

In survival, where are the areas only accessible with the Aurora active?

I finally timed the mine correctly in Coastal Highway and went down the elevator which triggered my question but the only other thing I can find is the mentioning of the Aurora Gate in the story mode.

So, is the bunker accessible still? Are there any other hidden treasures around out there I’ve likely passed up a hundred times?

Thanks!

As far as I'm aware, the mine in Coastal Highway is the only place that requires aurora to go in and to come out.
In addition, the workshop in Bleak Inlet requires aurora to unlock the door, but you can enter it later without.
No other places are in survival that require the aurora for traversal.

as for loot: the BI workshop has something extremely valuable in it, while opinions differ whether or not the mine in CH is worth the risk of being trapped inside, especially if you develop cabin fever as you cannot speed up time then. (There are some posts with further info on the latter)

Edited by AdamvR

@AdamvR thank you! I wasn’t hugely impressed with the mine. The extra revolver and rifle were nice but otherwise I really didn’t see the need to risk it. Haven’t gotten to the point where I need to craft ammo yet but grabbed the black powder anyway.

Mostly looking for new places to adventure to that are unique like that. Kinda found it on a whim and like I said, was nearby when the aurora started so dropped in.

• Like 1

The mine was given to us compliments of Episode 3.  Granted, there isn't much there, but for those of us who have very long runs in which we've done everything else, it was something fresh :)

Some of the laptops that are scattered around are triggered by aurorae and have "buffered memories" in them that are interesting collectibles...