Todays Ideas

Mig_zvm

Additions which help make an Endless Night run more enticing, but also great additions in general.

1:  The addition of animal fat and the ability to craft candles or simply adding candles to place down in general.  Lanterns being able to light candles, candles then being able to light torches.

2:  A Feat that effects break down times or at least adding a temperature buff during break down activities into the game.

3:  Allowing tinder to be thrown into the fire, which increases the heat but which also lowers the fires burn time.

4: Hotter fires cook meat and boil water faster.

5:  Water can freeze

6:  Tarps or something used to construct a barrier in order to block the wind.

7:  Using Poles and Rope to set up blizzard/fog routes.

8:  A sled for moving across the regions with our haul.

Edited by Mig_zvm

I like the 5th and 7th ideas; water freezing and making guidelines for blizzards. Water freezing sounds interesting but I like to imagine the player's water doesn't freeze because he/she are using arctic canteens, like this one: 

p-26442-otg200_artic_canteen_military_1.thumb.jpg.ad3d86daccdc373762916dcbb3d4b7bb.jpg

Carried water could freeze based on the player's warmth rating. Maybe the arctic canteen could be an special item found at places like the ranger station in BR or the signal hill in PV, that keeps some of the player's water from freezing. 

The idea for making guidelines incase of blizzards or heavy fog sounds good, however I doubt many players would take the time to make them. I assume it'll work by using climbing rope then connecting it between to stationary vertical objects, like from a post on a house to say a telephone pole or tree. Giving the player that level of preparation for blizzards, while interesting, probably isn't necessary. Generally if I see snow falling I get the f**k inside. I know there's been discussions on the possibility of crows flying overhead indicating weather in-game, however I can't confirm if that's true. 

• Like 1

I like the candle idea for sure. Lanterns are a great light object but something substantial for crafting/reading at night. Permanent placement would be fine even.

Fire heat effecting cook time would be awesome. It’s already implemented to an extent with the forge do the idea is out there.

Would love a clumsy mode of transporting between home bases. A sled would be fantastic! Would have huge limitations tied with the effort needed to move, etc. Would be fun for sure.

• Upvote 1

I’ve used my large accumulation of cans to create blizzard/fog routes. Tho I like your idea of being able to use rope instead. Would be very helpful in ML when fishing for hours and needing to get back to camp. 

Sled and candles are also ideas that many of us have discussed and would like to see implemented. 

Hotter fires = faster cook times, coal would be the obvious necessity and a common resource but generally only found in specific areas. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cranky said:

I’ve used my large accumulation of cans to create blizzard/fog routes. Tho I like your idea of being able to use rope instead. Would be very helpful in ML when fishing for hours and needing to get back to camp. 

😳

How did I not think of this... looks like I’m cleaning that filing cabinet out and using that stack for something. Great tip! Thanks!