Should I Complete Story Mode First?

Pretty straightforward question here. I'm new to the game and I'm very interested in a gripping playthrough of the storyline of TLD, but I am wondering if there is a detriment to also going it alone in the solo survival mode? What are your thoughts and recommendations?

Hikayede oyunu tanır ve ölsen bile yeniden kaldığın yerden devam edebilirsin ve bu yeni başlayanlar için iyidir. 

Hayatta kalma da ise ölünce tekrar başlıyamazsın ve oyuna sıfırdan başlaman gerekir ve bu sinir bozucu olabilir. 

Ben hikayede oyunu öğrendikten sonra hayatta kalma modunda geçmenizi öneririm

Use Turkish translation 

On 1/27/2021 at 9:23 PM, reefshark20 said:

Pretty straightforward question here. I'm new to the game and I'm very interested in a gripping playthrough of the storyline of TLD, but I am wondering if there is a detriment to also going it alone in the solo survival mode? What are your thoughts and recommendations?

I know it's been a while since you first posted your query here and am curious as to what you decided to do?

I personally acquired the game shortly after initial release and the only thing that was available then was sandbox mode so I never was faced with the prospect of having a choice in which direction to go first.  Personally I would start in story mode and although your experience here would be quite linear in terms of gameplay at least you would have some tutorial in regards to getting acquainted with the game that would otherwise be lacking in the sandbox.  At least in story mode you have an objective, whereas in survival mode you don't other than just staying alive.

So since it's been a good week, what did you do and what do you think so far?

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

When I acquired the game, I started on greenhorn story mode to get acquainted with game mechanics and enjoy the story. It was quite difficult in the beginning,  especially

stunning the rabbit, but I did get one!

Also, some of the things weren't quite intuitive at first, due to nature of the game and me having long time off from games in general. Once I got going, storynode survival became fairly easy, until you make a dumb move,

like somewhere in furlong muskeg

and hang on to your deer life.

Great game!