Auto Save Failed - Insufficient Storage Available . New bug ?

Murpharoo

Since the new update in getting an error when the game tries to save. 

I'm on Xbox One. I'd been playing for about  1.5 hours when I got a sprain. Then for the first time ever I got this error pop up. "Auto Save Failed - insufficient storage available".  Each attempted save thereafter got the same error. I have lots of storage space available.

Anyone else have the same issue ?

😭

• 2 weeks later...

So I've deleted my local game data and done a power cycle on the console. 

Still the save bug.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game - still the save bug.

My game is 563 days long.

Other smaller game files don't seem the have the save bug ie they seem to save correctly.

Could this be due to the large amount of save data on a long game? I have many many gig of space on the consoles hard drive.

I play on Xbox and I've had a ton of issues lately. I couldn't launch games, and it said that either the game wasn't installed, or I didn't have enough space. The fix for me was factory resetting my xbox. First power cycle your console, and then when you are launching your xbox, press down the disk drive button, and the controller syncing button at the same time. This should bring up the troubleshooting menu. Select factory reset, and MAKE SURE you select the option that will keep your games and saved games. Once the system is factory reset, you will have to set up your xbox again, but it's pretty easy since you should already have a microsoft account. (You might have to do this twice). After that, if it doesn't fix it than I would contact microsoft, since I think this is an issue with your system other than being an issue with Hinterland.

• Like 1

I had this issue a long, long time ago (a couple of years ago maybe).  I was playing while offline at lot and my autosaves began failing and I was getting a message of it being insufficient space.  However, my issue disappear when I started playing online again and I've not had any issues like that recently. 

Another thing to look at perhaps is how much free space you have on your drive.  The Xbox One does seem to like it better if you have a lot of free space on the hard drive.  As I recall, it was about the same time I started playing TLD online again that I had obtained my external drive and moved most of my games onto it... leaving my internal drive much more empty.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have a small problem: when you restart the game, all control key settings are default. And it has to be installed in a new way every time. The problem is a small one, but it's there. I remember the same thing happened on the pirate when I tested the game. Does anybody have a solution? It only happens when I play on a work PC that has software like SysGuage or Worktime ( computer monitoring software) installed. That's the only thing I can think of.

Edited by andy0087

• 1 year later...

I filled out a bug report because I too began encountering this issue lately.  I tried deleting my local data and doing power cycle, only to stil have it happen.

I was on Day 460 when it began.  I was in Blackrock, specifically at Bricklayer's Retreat.  After I got the error, no matter if it was resting in a sleeping bag, bed, entering a building or injuring myself, every save failed.  After feeling like Groundhog day, playing the same parts over again from it loading from my last good save, I decided to leave the region.  I went to Timberwolf Mountain via the cave systems.  Once I exited and walked around TWM, I entered another cave and it saved properly.  I havent had any save issues and have been surviving on TWM for 10 days now.

I  am curious, what regions have other people encountered this Save Failed issue?

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Mine started in pv  somewhere... It was very erratic ,sometimes saving ,sometimes not.. it was a slippery slope  and cost me my 780+ days run. 

If it's started with you ,them I'm afraid you're going to lose it completely.

I am at least hoping to make it to day 500 so I can get my achievement and before the new update rolls out and I will have to start a new run anyways.

If that's the main objective for you then it might be best if you start passing time and sleeping a lot.and using transition zones.  it's unpredictable at best and it's be a shame to get that close then lose it... The advantage is ,it will be more likely to save,at least it should anyway..   

It's a shame it happens but as you say we'll lose them at the update anyway.. 

I wish you luck👍🙂