Long Loper Run

Dalos

Longest Interloper run i've had was 280 days. At that point, i got bored. I was surviving life but not exploring or enjoying life. Time for another shot to make one of those long ass Loper runs where everybody says "holy hell".

and i got tired of running the deadman settings. Even with an  added rifle and the birch tea it was damn hard. I will try that again someday sure.

So here i am on interloper day 17 i think. Good start in PV, ok gear. Made it to Coastal and then DP to the forge. I never make hatchets but this time i did because i need something to fend off wolves.

a couple things. Yeah, sure, Deadman is way harder than Loper but it's not exactly easy. I tried to keep the well fed bonus on Loper as long as possible but i simply ran out of food so i let it expire. After that, things got easier. However, once you start accumulating gear, you get heavy. and then you get slow. and then the wind picks up and you get even slower.

also, even though the custom weather settings are the same on Loper and DMC, it is way harsher sooner on Loper. I am at clothing +17 now and  i'm still freezing during a blizzard in the climbers hut on TWM. That never happened on the DMC.

So cold is your true enemy on Loper and the wolves are maybe 75% as bad as the DMC. Not great, but slightly better.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

day 22 - made it back through PV and slept in a cave to avoid cabin fever. Then climbed up to the mountainers to make some rabbit gloves. Also did some fishing in the crystal lake hut to avoid the fever. Need a ton of wood though and i have very little. I needed to make the TWM climb before day 40 so good joss there.

Time to go make the climb.

image.thumb.png.a5e4a8f64e787029c8604c1f724bdf59.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

ok, better to be lucky than good. It's Friday eve here on the East Coast USA and i may be having a few vodkas. i was just going to collect some cattails at the little frozen water area at Eric's falls but then i saw that guy.

i was gonna lure him over to the fallen tree where i could cowardly hit him with the flare gun. but the SOB just stopped walking toward me when i got too far up the tree.

when i came down close to draw him in he booked toward me then ran away. i followed him like a dunksi and he charged me. I raised my gun and leveled his hairy A.

better lucky than good.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

ok, for the uninitiated, here's how you dispense with a bear on interloper.

make a bow and some arrows or get a flare gun. find bear. get to a place where there is a fallen tree you can hide up in. Lure him in close with your sexual wiles.

shoot him.

if he dies right there, you're blessed.

most likely he will run.

find a place to chill

keep checking your sandbox journal.

watch for bear deaths.

heat up some tea and go looking for him.

pray he doesn't fall on a deep mountainside.

• Upvote 1

Day 40+ now. Pretty much camped out at the climbers hut on TWM until my bear skins cured and i made the coat. got pretty lucky with fish and food. I let the well fed bonus expire and then started eating again a few days  before the coat was ready.

Packed up my snow shelter and headed on to Ash Canyon. Never been there before on Interloper.

• Upvote 1

Day 45 - Ash Canyon - made it through some bad weather to Angler's den and spent the night. Cabin fever should be a ways off but we shall see.

Weather here is pretty much the same as TWM. -30 temp and -15 wind.

ran into some wolf trouble while climbing up the long falls.

image.thumb.png.2b0ba010e8b3271dfa69428682ee5070.png

• Upvote 1

Day 61 - Cabin fever of course. was going to stay in Ash until my bear cured but i don't think it's worth making another snow shelter. I stayed a few days at the cabin on the overlook and caught some fish.

Honestly, there's no need to spend 20 days in once place all at the same time if it gets tedious. I need to explore again and i've gotten enough love from Ash to move on.

image.thumb.png.a3ed6d5dfabe3ca183bf69d287683569.png

• Upvote 1