Long Loper Run

Dalos

Bleak Inlet is a map i am not in love with but i don't hate. There are some decent shelters and once you kill the bear, there's a nice little living space cave with easy access to fishing hut.

but it's always too damn cold and windy to get an outside fire going. I had to let my healthy drop <50% just to harvest that damn bear.

Thanks!

ok, day 144 on BI. been surviving in the bear cave for a few days and then hiked up to this cabin and stayed a night. Some expired cans of food there and cloth but nothing else. I do wish i had done the Ravine to BI climb before so i could have roped myself up to the radio tower but that's on the list for later.

The weather here is the pits. This day has been the only manageable one so far. Every other day has been a freeze your nuts off in 20 minutes kind of day.

image.thumb.png.2916e366065d29beba215671bb8d010d.png

Thinking of going to the cannery soon if the weather holds tomorrow.

for the record, i HATE the cannery with the fire of a thousand suns. I lost a nice Loper game there by freezing to death while waiting for an aurora and the door to open.

so yeah, scratch that plan. I though what if i go to the cannery without the stupid code from the antenna building and i can't get in. Then i freeze my balls off or get timberwolved for naught.

so i decide  to make it out from where i came up, through the muskeg. i wait till the afternoon when it is moderately warmer, then  take the shortcut by the little frozen pond through the mountain.\

here's the bloody aftermath. really glad i made it to the cave. damn timbers followed me right in though. I picked up a book near the body on the ledge before dropping down and i was able to light up a fire as soon as i got in the cave which helped fend them off.

all in all, not bad considering they had me dead to rights in the middle of nowhere. Time for some sleep.

image.thumb.png.23d1eb614d84391aa6e36eea89a1def6.png

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

so i didn't die there but something worse happened. I got bored. Once you hit cooking 5 then survival is only really threatened by some dumb fall or repeated attacks. Or stepping on a live wire in the dam which i have totally done.

gonna start another run on different settings to up the challenge again

• 2 weeks later...