50 Day Each Region Challenge Reboot

Ahatch

Well I have a 500 plus day survivor 1 day starting at Timberwolf Mountain then 5 days on Pleasant Valley before arriving at Mystery Lake. She managed to survive the first 20 days and then made a short 2 day jaunt to Forlorn Muskeg to forge arrow heads and a knife. Then she spent the next 465 days on Mystery Lake with a 1 day trip to the little cabin on Bear Creek Campground on Coastal to get some cloth as she broke down every chair and every curtain in Mystery Lake. So on day 500 she got her Steam achievement and I shelved her game as she had maxed out all her skills.  Well I've taken her out of limbo and sent on her what I thought would be a death mission to Bleak Inlet . For 50 days she fished mainly with a couple go arounds with the timber wolves at the cannery . Then I began to forward materials to the cave leading to Forlorn Muskeg and made the journey there for a 50 day stay. Today I completed the 50 day stay at Forlorn. Now I'm going to pack her up and head to Broken Railroad to start over. Her base was the Spence Farmhouse with a snow shelter as her sleeping quarters. She managed to kill quite a few wolves that just kept showing up at the farmstead. So I tried this before just not sure if I will survive but the plan is simple 50 days on Broken Railroad then come back to Forlorn and return to Trappers Cabin then Mountain Town / Hushed River Valley and eventually Ash Canyon  On my last run I did finish Desolation Point and Pleasant Valley and was 40 plus days on Timberwolf Mountain. :) 

• Upvote 2

Sounds great.  I think I've been misunderstanding what this challenge was all about... I've been trying to start in each zone and live for 50 days without leaving the zone.  For Bleak Inlet, I've been allowing myself to start in Mystery Lake, but forbidding myself to pick up anything while there except sticks and matches because I'm finding it near impossible to get all the way to BI without freezing to death otherwise.  HRV is going to be yet another problem... and I'm certainly not doing these on purely Interloper settings.  I've got a long ways to improve before I'll even attempt that.

Ya it's just a personal challenge to see if I can stick out a 50 day stretch in each region. This can be a bit difficult depending on resources etc. Also when I play Interloper I sometimes find myself playing the same game over and over until I die. I find a safe place like Mystery Lake and I stay until I make a mistake and die. By changing it up I have to figure out each region better. I find these types of challenges good for my overall game. Like this staying on Forlorn Muskeg stay I just finished. I always get so psyched out when I visit this map to forge my first items. I usually get here forge and get the heck out as fast as possible back to Mystery Lake.  

I was a bit nervous entering Broken Railroad because I never played on this map much in interloper but I hit a huge bit of luck in the form of a blizzard. I just entered from Forlorn when it hit. So I just made a dash for the Maintenance Shed and made it easily there. From there things are going very well . The moose spawned in front of the lodge and I picked the bear off from the safety of the cliff. I have more meat that I can handle. This is a picnic compared to Forlorn Muskeg. Plan is to return to Forlorn then Mystery Lake then take the cave at Trappers Cabin to Milton for stays there and Hushed River Valley. If I don't die on the trip that is :) 

TLDBR.png

I spent 30 days in BRR on interloper while doing something similar and it was extremely boring. The moose never spawned, the two wolves at the hunting lodge never respawned after I killed them, and the rabbits never respawned. That region is so small, there's not much place to wander to, and all the shelters are in the same general area. I think by the end I was mostly just killing time in the caves by the lake.

• Upvote 1

Yes those 2 wolves have not respawned , not complaining though I know those at the Maintenance Shed are likely back so I'm going to have to stealth it back in there at some point or wait for another blizzard to go get some of my loot I dragged there at the start. 

I'm 38 days into Broken Railroad I have been snaring rabbits by the lodge and the nearby cave. I have no shortage of food. The weather is off and on,  good and bad but I have a huge stockpile of firewood in the lodge. I made the mistake of not bringing the simple tools with me and my heavy hammer is in pretty rough shape. I climbed down the rope to the ravine here and I collected a ton of cat tails and 2 tubs of maple syrup still not ruined. 2 ruined jackets in the lodge so must be a good starting map for interloper. I've been killing wolves pretty regularly at the Maintenance Shed through the open door and a few by the lodge. I'm a little worried about my journey out of here though because there are so many choke points so going to plan it very well. Do a pre journey wolf cull to clear the path out is likely in order. I have plenty of food stockpiled back at Spence Farmstead so planning on dragging a lot of cloth back to trappers cabin. Milton and Hushed River are next although I've thought of trying to go to Ash Canyon just to get the new items.  

TLDBRLDGE.png

On 1/5/2021 at 2:10 AM, Ahatch said:

. . . . I've thought of trying to go to Ash Canyon just to get the new items. 

I have found those new items from Ash Canyon very useful.  I tend to carry around a lot of food for emergencies and was constantly having to make two journeys up rope climbs.  That extra 5Kg has made a great deal of difference.

Incidentally, I have continued playing the 50 day Voyager start in HRV that you suggested a few weeks back.  I am at day 483 and have discovered 283 locations.  I haven't been particularly trying to visit every location but I think that I should discover them all then give up at just over 500 days.

• Upvote 1

With interloper I find I get so much loss of condition on my initial move to new region so I can't see surviving a trip through Pleasant Valley and Timberwolf Mountain to Ash Canyon in straight succession. So I will just take a more cautious approach and just establish a base in each region leading to Ash Canyon. The weather is pretty crappy when you are over 500 days in a run :) 

I completed my 50 day run on Broken Railroad , the last couple days there I done a couple runs to the edge of the region near Forlorn carrying cloth , tools and the bear skin. On day 51 I was able to make it safely back to Forlorn Muskeg where I went straight back to Spence Farmhouse. I had plenty of food still there from my previous stay so no problems maintaining well fed. I grabbed my other bearskin from the cave and spent a couple days gathering firewood and completed the bearskin bed roll. I returned to Broken Railroad entrance and brought the remaining supplies I forwarded there so I have my cloths all topped off for my next journey. My plan has switched as I will be returning to Mystery Lake then I plan to cross Pleasant Valley and Timberwolf Mountain to ash canyon. I will make my way to Ash Canyon in phases though as I want to make sure I can retain my well fed so I may have to hunt game along the way. I always play a cautious game anyway. The plan is for a 50 day stay (if I survive) at Ash Canyon and then top of the two adjoining regions before returning to my home in Mystery Lake. Should be a fun journey :) 

Almost 700 days I started this run on Timberwolf Mountain and today I managed to work my way back to the Mountaineers Hut. I started out at Spence Farmstead killed a wolf on the marsh then was blocked on the tracks by the bear so I detoured around and made for the cave on the edge of the swamp. I slept overnight then gave a wolf the wide berth on the marsh and made it back to Mystery Lake. I crawled past the wolf guarding the map and made it to the Camp Office. I cooked up  a whole bunch of meat that I had outside the Office slept and the next day I made it to Carter Hydro Dam. Then it was a quick stop on Pleasant Valley at the community hall then I marched down the river with a couple of wolf avoiding detours and made it to the Cave near the rope to Timberwolf. The plan is to make for Bitter Marsh tomorrow and then the Anglers Den. The plan will be to stay here 50 day and only longer if I still haven't made it to the gold mine. I still have 45 cattails so I see no reason to stay here and hunt. But I may kill the bear here and leave the hide here curing and make a nice stockpile of meat for when I come back. If I do that is... :) 

I made a very short stay at the Mountaineers Hut and packed up in the morning and made for Ash Canyon . I had spent a couple days at the Hut I had shot the wolf on Crystal Lake the first day from the dock and ate him up. I also shot a deer at the lake as well so I have some meat in front of the hut when I make my return in 50 or more days. I had to build a fire on Bitter Marsh and drank some Mushroom tea . When I went past the falls I didn't realize I had a piece of deer meat still on me and a wolf was heading straight for me. But I shot it with the arrow and it ran off . Then I seen it's friend and I dropped my deer meat and still crouched I lured it into the open and I shot it with the bow and it ran off as well with my arrow. So I raced up the river to the Anglers Hut and unpacked all my stuff. Next morning I found both wolves and my arrows so I cooked them up. I found 2 arrow heads inside the hut which is great news for new survivors on interloper on this map. Still need a knife or hatchet to craft the bow and arrow shafts however. The plan is to slowly work my way around this map the next 50 days and loot everything. I will need to kill the bear up on the mountain so I can repair my bear coat which is only at 79%. Going to be an interesting 50 days here :) 

TLDAC1.png

I'm 16 days into my Ash Canyon stay and it's been interesting so far after settling in at the Anglers Hut I started thinking about making it to Gold Mine and I had played the map on Pilgrim so I knew a route going along the west of the map. But what I remember was a rope climb up to Climbers Cave area and that route was blocked by wolves. So I took a route a little to the north and more direct in the end. I crawled past the moose at the rope area and made my way up. There was a snow shelter up there so I rested inside lucky I packed the Bearskin bedroll as it would ultimately be my saving grace. For the second climb I built a fire and had a small nap and then drank some coffee before making it up. The third I did the same built a fire with a piece of coal rested and made the climb. So I was pretty much spent then I took the rope off and tied it to the one going down to the mine. Staggered into the cave and the next day got the backpack and crampons. Big mistake though as I didn't bring my hacksaw so couldn't harvest all the saplings that were everywhere on this route. I decided to make for Miners Folly and made it to the cabin there I could hear the bear but I didn't look for him I just ran for the door. The next day I slipped up to the Formans house and when I went to leave the bear was coming up the hill so I shot him with the bow and he ran off. So I harvested the bear then I went back to the hut by Bitter Marsh and back to Anglers and grabbed my hacksaw and came right back. This time I really took a huge hit on health but I got all the saplings I missed. I'm just recovering here and would like to explore Climbers Cave area a bit. I need to snare some rabbits to  fix my mitts and hat.  This map is no Mystery Lake and my survivor is being put to the test pretty good. 

TLDAC3.png

TLDAC4.png