Crampons Must Be Avaible to Repairing

luckymarki

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

I am the one that was able to repair them.  I would have no reason to lie.  I cannot provide proof of past repair but I will attempt to do it again (although it may take me some time to damage them enough) and post my results.

I know you reported repairing them. I guess I forgot to mention, that I dont believe this was a lie because there was no reason to lie what-so-ever. What I actually believe is that it was intended to repair them on milling station and its possible that we no longer can repair them as a part of a bug in the newest version of the game. 

But, for the purpose of clarity, I wanted to prove that it is not as of now possible to repair them on a milling station. I highly believe that it was meant to be repairable this way as it makes the most sense.

Althought, that may not make sense with the fact that the hotfix for TLD came out on 19th of January, and you reported repairing it after it came out. I wonder - do you update the game as soon as the hotfixes come out or do you take some time to wait for the update to  be stable before updating?

Edited by Mroz4k
  • Like 1

I would like to add my reasoning here. If you could repair a hacksaw with handy tools and scrap metal, surely crampons can't be more complex, requiring cured leather and metal scrap?

I know crampons is rare item only available from ash canyon, but needing milling machine to repair them seems exaggerated. Weapons, yes, but not crampons..

Thank you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

I would like to add my reasoning here. If you could repair a hacksaw with handy tools and scrap metal, surely crampons can't be more complex, requiring cured leather and metal scrap?

I know crampons is rare item only available from ash canyon, but needing milling machine to repair them seems exaggerated. Weapons, yes, but not crampons..

Thank you. 

Quite honestly, I always found it very strange that hacksaw could be repaired such way. I think this is one of the few things that are the remnants of the past age TLD, being able to repair hacksaw and heavy hammer with a bit of metal and tools. I would not be past that both heavy hammer and hacksaw were added to the list of items that can be repaired using the milling station, and that tools would be used to fix tools like flashlight, lantern etc - and could be used as a tool on workbench to speed up crafting the same way you choose a tool like hook and line or sewing kit. In fact, I think the repair of lantern and battery should not cost metal at all, simply it would decrease the condition of the tools.That way, the tools would be similar to how whetstone and cleaning kit works. 

Tools could be a part of milling repairs as well. At least that part should be the case, because right now, hammer and hacksaw can easily replace tools for the most part and with tools and plenty of metal, which can be procured by hacksaw, there really is little need for actual tools outside self defense I would say. The convinient repairs make them pretty useful.

Edited by Mroz4k
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stinky socks said:

Well,  I guess in a heavy hammer, their idea is that a handle breaks, judging by what is necessary for a repair. You need Fir Firewood to do the repair on the heavy hammer. That does make sense.

Well, it reminds me how repairing worked in the early alpha. Back in the early alpha, it was possible to repair hatchets, knives and rifles (no revolvers, hacksaws, hammers in the game at that point, this is when Mystery lake was the only region) with 1 piece of scrap metal and 1 fir firewood, and with the use of the tools (back then only simple tools existed). It made sense at the time. It is a bit archaic with what we have in the game now. At the time the hacksaw were added into the game, you couldnt use the tools to help with crafting yet, but they were used to repair the new hacksaw and hammer, with a piece of metal, same as lanterns. At the same update, one could no longer repair the tools, you could sharpen them with the new whetstones, and eventually when those wore out, one could forge a new set of improvised tools. 

I would be fine with the hammer, not being a part of milling repairs, honestly. It is unlikely the head of the hammer would become damaged with how massive it is. I would not mind if the hammer was still repairable by the tools under these conditions. But I believe the hacksaw should be millable, and perhaps the toolkit as well. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2021 at 3:37 PM, hozz1235 said:

I am the one that was able to repair them. 

@hozz1235, how did you repair it?
This inconsistency of experience makes me wonder if there was a trick to it/you approached it differently?
I went there last night and when opening up the Milling Machine, it offered me many tools to be repaired, but the crampons were not among them.
Was it listed there when you repaired it, or maybe you approached it any other way...? What difficulty were you using/how bad shape was it in?
(mine was 89%, tried it both taken off and while wearing, stalker)

image.thumb.png.1bcbd21752a2be75c6d411000c7d0f03.png