Crampons Question

Thankfully it's a game and doesn't have  to mirror reality. :)

Seems to me that folks have been fussing and complaining about climbing, sprains, and thin ice for ages.
I think folks should probably either just accept the buff, or just choose not to use them.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

15 hours ago, Master_Superninja418 said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I would've thought less points of contact means more of your body weight is being concentrated into one area, making weak ice weaker?

Personally I think the logic is that with crampon you are less likely to trip and fall trough the ice.

7 minutes ago, Hawk said:

It's pretty obvious you missed the point of the two posts above yours.
Only that they seem to claim to help with thin ice, which is just illogical

No, I was speaking directly to the point.
I think perhaps you may have missed the point of what I was talking about. :D 

:coffee::fire:

I'll try to repeat it more simply:

4 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

Thankfully it's a game and doesn't have  to mirror reality...
I think folks should probably either just accept the buff, or just choose not to use them.

Edited by ManicManiac

I view the crampons as a snowshoe fix. I realize that it is very hard to mimic real life in a video game. Too many details will make the game unplayable because of boredom. Of course crampons won't keep you from falling through thin ice, more weight distribution (like from snowshoes or cross country ski's) would help. Some snowshoes have cleat's on them to also help with walking on ice. That's how I equate the snowshoe and crampon. If you get bogged down in details and not the experience, then all games will become unplayable. There are many things in this game that I have done in real life. Hinterland games has done a remarkable job. I find it easy to ignore details because of the enjoyment I find from the overall experience of this game. I hope you do as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...