The next big question

stratvox

I hope this is just an overseight by the devs and they will either prevent the crampons from decaying or make them reparable in a future update. It's not like we can replace them like a pry bar. And with the current sprain mechanic they are very valuable on longer Stalker or Interloper runs where you can't just shoot your way through a pack of wolves and need to go around them over "red" terrain quite often. Having them in my pack but not being able to use them whenever I need them would be a pitty 😕

Not made it to Ash Canyon yet - too much going on with my current run. But......

.....have the devs yet given any indication as to whether the crampons are actually intended to be something which cannot be repaired? -i.e. are they actually WAD? Knowing that might help the discussion a little. I've looked in the news and updates section but can't see anything on the subject. And not having acquired the crampons yet, I think it might be a little previous for me to be the one asking the question.