Is it possible to spawn in Bleak Inlet in Interloper?

GeorgePotter

This is probably a dumb question but I've managed to spawn in Bleak Inlet before on Stalker, but now that I'm trying out Interloper mode (I want to set myself a challenge of surviving only in Bleak Inlet), it seems impossible to spawn there. I've done dozens of new starts (I've filled up all my save slots about five times over by now) and I still haven't had a single spawn in Bleak Inlet.

I get plenty of spawns in Desolation Point, in Forlorn Muskeg, in Hushed River, in Pleasant Valley and in Timberwolf Mountain but not once have I spawned in Bleak Inlet. Is this a deliberate thing with the game? Is Bleak Inlet not a region it's possible to spawn in on Interloper? Or am I just being insanely unlucky with RNG?

Edited by GeorgePotter

On 11/16/2020 at 10:07 PM, GeorgePotter said:

I get plenty of spawns in Desolation Point, in Forlorn Muskeg, in Hushed River, in Pleasant Valley and in Timberwolf Mountain but not once have I spawned in Bleak Inlet. Is this a deliberate thing with the game? Is Bleak Inlet not a region it's possible to spawn in on Interloper? Or am I just being insanely unlucky with RNG?

Correct, you won't spawn in Bleak Inlet on interloper difficulty. The regions you mention above are the only possible starting regions in my experience. Meaning easier maps like Mystery Lake, Mountain Town, Broken Railroad and Coastal Highway (and the transition regions) aren't starting regions. If this decision was based on map difficulty I would think DP fit better with the "easy" group and BI as a starting region on interloper. But there might be a number of other reasons for HL:s decision. 

Edited by manolitode

I honestly think they just forgot to add BI to the Interloper map starting locations, much like they forgot to add "For advanced players" to it's map description in the region selection menu. Also, on the player statistics/log it says "Bleak Inlet Region" instead of just region name like with all the other maps. Very minor things, but still.

Anyway I agree that Desolation should be not be in the Loper starting list... even Pleasant Valley and Forlorn shouldn't necessarily really be there imo because of the close proximity comforts, Bleak/HRV/TWM should be the only ones

Edited by Mistral