What is your Favorite Base?

PurpleWolf13

What is your favorite base in The Long Dark? This may be not only big name locations such as Trapper's Homestead, but something like a cabin on the lake. Just a place that you love to use as your base usually as you play the game. It could be your favorite for practical reasons, nostalgia or something else! (And you can list down more than one base if you like!)

My personal favorite base has to be the Pleasant Valley Farmstead in Pleasant Valley.

First, I love the colonial mansion type of look and the interior as well. And there's a little dog house, which makes the dog lover in me happy.

Second, it's my favorite base to decorate and organize my stuff. There's certainly enough room for that!

Third, it has a nice six burner stove and a fireplace and a workbench. There's also that roofed porch which is nice to chill out in a indoor/outdoor space.

Fourth, I like the location being kind of remote but relatively close to other places such as the Pleasant Valley Outbuildings and Thomson's Crossing. 

Fifth, it feels like my ultimate home in The Long Dark. There's a few regions where I haven't really explored and stayed for a period at their bases, so maybe my main favorite will change. 

And sixth, memories. Such as the time I died because I was impulsive, tried to kill a bear, refused to take shelter and patch up and then met my doom. Seeing the Old Bear charge at me from across the property like a speed demon. My Frozen "Wolf Friend". 

My second favorite base is the Lonely Lighthouse at Desolation Point. My third is Paradise Meadows Farm in Mountain Town 

• Upvote 2

Gonna vote for the stone church in desolation point, I love outdoor bases. Mountaineers hut and spences are also fun. The office in broken railroad. For some reason I like maps mist people don’t, I guess I’m kinda weird like that, but oh well, at least I’m not boring....

Tiff🦋

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TiffTastic said:

Gonna vote for the stone church in desolation point, I love outdoor bases. Mountaineers hut and spences are also fun. The office in broken railroad. For some reason I like maps mist people don’t, I guess I’m kinda weird like that, but oh well, at least I’m not boring....

Tiff🦋

Outdoor bases are cool and have a real feeling of living wild. Think that I will have a save file one day where my character will just have outdoor bases.

• Like 1

I LOVE the farmstead in lower difficulties as really the temp can be avoided as you probably have a ton of clothing. but as for the farmstead itself,  it is big and has a lot of storage not to mention the 6 -burner stove but outside is a ton of wildlife so food is not a issue.

Oh yeah cabin fever can be solved with the forest cave if you have the equipment 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffTastic said:

If only there were craftable workbenches....

Yeah, I feel like that should be a thing. Just hacksaw a bunch of metal and craft a workbench. But then, I can see a workbench weighing a lot, so if where you want to bring it to is a great deal away...that won't be a quick trip.

• Like 1

I think my favorite place to live is the Mountaineer's Hut.

:coffee::fire::coffee: 

On 2/6/2020 at 12:15 AM, ManicManiac said:

At present, my favorite place to live is Timberwolf Mountain.  I really love the variety of paths and terrain, as well as the abundance of game for hunting (in most cases you have good access to every kind of pelt).  Also, fishing... fishing is always good for the food stocks and lanterns. :D 

Don't get me wrong, Mystery Lake will always be home to me.  I think it will always be home for those of us who've been playing since the days when Mystery Lake was our entire world.

• Like 2