The Blackrock wishlist

Bigfatcat999

With the last dev notes hinting Blackrock my mind is racing. So much opportunity for adventure/loot/moral decision making.

Here's what I have thought of:

Prison shivs/improvised knives

Prison toilet wine/water from toilets/hidden things in tanks

library for non-gun knowledge

prison food/nutriloaf

prison cafeteria for canned food

batons/night sticks 

riot shields: awkward but a bear can not scratch or bite through Lexan

gun locker

barbed wire implements?

Moral choice: Find hungry prisoner. Let him out, feed him/her, shoot them, or let them rot?

Hand operated sewing machines, pre-electric hand crank sewing machines

prison clothing

confiscation room full of contraband

tool shop

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 5:44 PM, Bigfatcat999 said:

With the last dev notes hinting Blackrock my mind is racing. So much opportunity for adventure/loot/moral decision making.

Here's what I have thought of:

Prison shivs/improvised knives

Prison toilet wine/water from toilets/hidden things in tanks

library for non-gun knowledge

prison food/nutriloaf

prison cafeteria for canned food

batons/night sticks 

riot shields: awkward but a bear can not scratch or bite through Lexan

gun locker

barbed wire implements?

Moral choice: Find hungry prisoner. Let him out, feed him/her, shoot them, or let them rot?

Hand operated sewing machines, pre-electric hand crank sewing machines

prison clothing

confiscation room full of contraband

tool shop

i like this idea but what could be all those contreband items that could be useful in survival situations?

what i would REALLY apreciate is that this region is not spawnable i mean that we could not access it by starting a new sandbox we will have to find it by ourselves. i REALLY like the riot shield proposition it could be useful for hunting bears or moose but it would be cheated if it blocks 100% of the bear/moose attack. 

i would love some hiding spots outside for example pile of chopped wood to use as outside shelter from wind or bears/wolves. a new vehicle could be nice: the prisoner transport vehicle inside it is warmer than a normal vehicle it could be like a inside location. i would like a gym room inside there could be some altheres wich can be srapped for lead to make bullets (i assume that blackrock will be near bleak inlet as it is a industrial zone and the penitenciary could resupply in ammo and repairs their weapons near the prison. also some guards suits could be looted and would not be that warm but would provide good protection without being too heavy i have ideas of clothes here : lets start by the protective ones : steel cap boots, bulletproof jacket, riot helmet. there could be some warm clothes too the guards need to survey from the outside and we all know how cold it is : heavy guard jacket ushanka hat, shooting gloves (warm warm gloves that you can take off the ends.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bigfatcat999 said:

I'm piggybacking on what you said: old 1970's weights had leadshot for the weight and can be a source for lead. shotguns for new weapon. Non-lethal ammo might have a use.

oh i got you. i were thinking about using the lead for makkin bullets head but it would be nice to have shotguns in the game i already talked about it in another  topic it would be nice for defence against big animals

On 9/13/2020 at 6:19 PM, oplli said:

oh i got you. i were thinking about using the lead for makkin bullets head but it would be nice to have shotguns in the game i already talked about it in another  topic it would be nice for defence against big animals

a blunderbuss would be awesome. Little gunpowder, throw in scrap metal. BLAM!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Omnijack said:

Hand crank sewing machine is a cool idea.

If we're getting a gun locker, I'd suggest a hidden key for it with 5-6 possible spawn locations.

definetly. a prison without gun locker wouldnt make that much sense. but i really really wonder what they can put insite. there is no gun that really fits the needs of a prison in the long dark. maybe the revolver.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 2:11 PM, oplli said:

i like this idea but what could be all those contreband items that could be useful in survival situations?

what i would REALLY apreciate is that this region is not spawnable i mean that we could not access it by starting a new sandbox we will have to find it by ourselves. i REALLY like the riot shield proposition it could be useful for hunting bears or moose but it would be cheated if it blocks 100% of the bear/moose attack. 

i would love some hiding spots outside for example pile of chopped wood to use as outside shelter from wind or bears/wolves. a new vehicle could be nice: the prisoner transport vehicle inside it is warmer than a normal vehicle it could be like a inside location. i would like a gym room inside there could be some altheres wich can be srapped for lead to make bullets (i assume that blackrock will be near bleak inlet as it is a industrial zone and the penitenciary could resupply in ammo and repairs their weapons near the prison. also some guards suits could be looted and would not be that warm but would provide good protection without being too heavy i have ideas of clothes here : lets start by the protective ones : steel cap boots, bulletproof jacket, riot helmet. there could be some warm clothes too the guards need to survey from the outside and we all know how cold it is : heavy guard jacket ushanka hat, shooting gloves (warm warm gloves that you can take off the ends.

A prison bus (or any kind of bus) that you could walk around in would be cool to use as a base, especially if it were put in a good location for something like that. Somewhere away from other shelters so that there would be a point to using it as a base as opposed to just living in a building. It would also be good if it were sort of in the middle of the wilderness so that it had benefits to other, more natural shelters around it- imagine something like putting it in the middle of HRV (not saying they will, just an example).

I thought of this stuff based off this bus in the middle of Alaska. There's some story about it but idk

crackbus.png

I would exclude anything modern from Blackrock location. No nightsticks or bullet proof wests.

No firearms, except maybe rare Enfield as "forgotten" service rifle.

But sewing machine sounds cool.

Items, special for thos location could be some type of food (canned beef). And for clothing some police boots?

There is probably nothing more special. maybe orange dress code as meme, but thats not usefull in cold areas.

Edited by Mr. 0
  • Upvote 1

Canned "mystery meat," a.k.a. "SPAM".

Needles in general are contraband items, for making prison tattoos or drug use.  Most metallic items are contraband, like razors, ball point pens, tools like screw drivers or multi tools, forks, spoons, cigarettes and lighters are contraband in most prisons now, and probably the most popular item, cell phones, either older style flip or smartphones.