Too many wolves?

Concrete

Hi i dont mean to be some crybaby or anything, im just curious tbh cause i love this game and would love to learn some stuff to make my gameplay smoother. So basically ive watched many gameplays of interloper before i started playing myself, and i saw that interloper is about fighting the world and the lack of resources more than wildlife itself, matter fact in a lot of gameplays i used to watch very few wolves and it seemed cool cause i dont really like a LOT of wolves around, i prefer to fight the cold weather and struggle to find food, but when i started playing interloper by myself i noticed theres a lot of wolves spawns that have been added (i think) in the past few months, so the maps that have been made are not really reliable cause of all the new spawns, so i was wondering, is there any way to deal with there being so many wolves? ive seen a new wolf in front of the dam now, not fluffy which is in the back, but where the trailers are, he's there sometimes, but it makes very annoying making the dam a base cause you cant go between the trailers and the dams safely.
Also if anyone knows about an updated map i would very much appreciate (besides the new update of fearless navigator), i hope nobody take this in the wrong way, i really love this game, and thank you in advance. Also pardon my english im not a native english speaker.

A Custom game mode might suit you better.

When you start the game, at the point were you would normally select Pilgrim/Voyager/Stalker/Interloper, there is also custom.  When you get into the settings there, you can select Interloper at the top to get the settings for that, then tweak any settings you don't like underneath.  There is a wolf spawn setting to make them spawn less for you, or you can even turn off their hostility to you completely  ;)

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2020 at 8:16 PM, Concrete said:
but when i started playing interloper by myself i noticed theres a lot of wolves spawns that have been added (i think) in the past few months, so the maps that have been made are not really reliable cause of all the new spawns

LOCATION SPOILERS

Hey I just want to acknowledge that's my experience too (been playing stalker though). I've read a lot of past posts implying Coastal Highway fishing village is relatively safe, but I've noticed 1-2 wolves spawn near the workbench. Trapper's cabin is also mentioned as a safe haven but I find one wolf spawns close enough that you have to be sure not to have a 3 scent next to the cabin or you might have a visitor pop in (killing him gives you peace for a week though).

One area I've experienced as a safe haven (as of the Fearless Navigator Update 1.76) is the Riken in DP. Most of the ice on that map is safe, except for a bear that patrols sometimes so watch out for that (you can kill him on top of the riken though). Rarely, I've seen him temporarily displace wolves on the ice. Little Island behind the RIken has rabbits and deer (never any wolves), and you can go all the way to Katie's Secluded Corner via the ice for more rabbits and lots of firewood. The only workbench in the area I know of is in Hibernia Processing, which you have to be a little careful going into and out of, but with some practice you can minimize the risk.  Definitely crouch approaching the door or you'll draw attention...and listen for that bear.

On 7/4/2020 at 2:16 AM, Concrete said:

and i saw that interloper is about fighting the world and the lack of resources more than wildlife itself,

Listen to wolves and change your course accordingly. Most maps have alternative routes to get you through (though some have some diificult choke points, that is where you might want to use that precious flare)

In order to avoid wolves, you can also travel into the blizzard with a couple hot drinks, but you'd better know your map 😉

Once you get a bow, things will change and you will become the hunter :)