What is the best challenge mode?

CallMeLenin

I like the challenges and have enjoyed speedrunning them for quite a while. I would start out with Hopeless Rescue. This is still my favourite and i like how you get around a lot of the maps. Other then that The Hunted challenges are great and can be done in within a reasonable time.

Archivist is also a beautiful challenge as you get through most regions during aurora and Whiteout forces you to be strict with your looting. So basicly they all bring something different to the games and demands some seperate tactics that can be continously tweaked to be faster.

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2020 at 4:07 AM, ajb1978 said:

It comes down to personal preference, but I think The Hunted: Part One is a lot of fun to play, especially if you try to speed run it.  My best time is 6 hours 51 minutes.

Nice time!

I also enjoyed The Hunted Part 1 and have spend quite some hours on it. To be fast it really depends on the weather and a must have coffee spawn at the farmhouse. I have been able to bring it down to 4h and 47m and think it could be done slightly faster if the winds where better. But also the cold is tough and can force you to reheat at the dam before the last part to Trappers.

• Upvote 1

Hopeless Rescue is the best challenge because you have to almost run across the whole map, reach the summit and end at the lighthouse. But Archivist was really beautiful too. All the challenges offer something else. We have unofficial leaderboards for challenges and survival in The Long Dark Gaming Community, so if you're on Facebook, should join us and submit your times :)