THERMOS FLASK

junglegreen

Not even the forge; you're not going to make a decent thermos with the forge. Even if you could make a container, it'd weight a ton. The workshop in BI is the only logical place for that, because of the metal mill, I'd think.

Hmmm... makes one think that another resource type might be interesting... maybe a forged ingot, made out of scrap metal? Might be extremely cool to make that only craftable at a forge, not at the workshop, so the logical progression would be going to Old Spence's in FM with a bunch of metal to forge ingots, then take them to the workshop in BI to make things.

Could maybe use that as the basis to make an improvised rifle in Interloper. The other basis that might make sense to introduce firearms into loper (or a loper-like difficulty) would be to have say three broken rifles and revolvers in the world that one can repair with an ingot crafted at a forge and the broken firearm at the workshop during an aurora.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stratvox said:

Not even the forge; you're not going to make a decent thermos with the forge. Even if you could make a container, it'd weight a ton. The workshop in BI is the only logical place for that, because of the metal mill, I'd think.

Hmmm... makes one think that another resource type might be interesting... maybe a forged ingot, made out of scrap metal? Might be extremely cool to make that only craftable at a forge, not at the workshop, so the logical progression would be going to Old Spence's in FM with a bunch of metal to forge ingots, then take them to the workshop in BI to make things.

Could maybe use that as the basis to make an improvised rifle in Interloper. The other basis that might make sense to introduce firearms into loper (or a loper-like difficulty) would be to have say three broken rifles and revolvers in the world that one can repair with an ingot crafted at a forge and the broken firearm at the workshop during an aurora.

This is the effort I would want for the Thermos. If it is something that is gonna offer lasting warming effect for the day (essential every sip is a warming effect) than it should take a great deal of effort to create and maintain. 

• 2 weeks later...

I swear I've asked for this... That being said, I had one (thermos brand, metal, red) and I used it to take coffee to work with me in western WA, USA during the winter. It took about an hour and a half to get to work and by the time I got to work the coffee would be lukewarm which really isn't warm at all.