Overwriting of Statistics

TFA303

After a run ends, I apparently no longer have enough space to save the stats from all the games I've played, so I have to overwrite an old slot.

Is there some sort of setting that I can change to keep a longer record of my games? It can't take up that much memory.

Many thanks for any ideas,

Tom

• Upvote 1

Hi Tom. I had a look at the system and there is only enough room to save 10 stats with no way to increase it at this time. This appears to be a design choice based on the journal system. On April 20, 2016, Hinterland released the "Tireless Menace" update which simultaneously combined the stats with the in game journal and allowed the saving of journals (and consequently stats) upon death, up to a maximum of 10 at any given time (1). While there's currently not much that can be done to export journal notes, it has been discussed within the team at some point (2). I think the limitation may exist as there is a potential for a lot of data if you max out the journal (approximately 10,000 characters per day for the "new" 1000+ day time scale (1,2).

If you're looking to keep a longer record of your games, this can be done with screen shots of the various stats and journal entries you'd like to keep. These screen shots can be processed later through an optical character recognition program if you wanted, though this is a bit technical and can have varying results depending on the program that was used. An alternative is to manually transcribe the desired information into either an electronic or hard copy format. The good news is that stats only need to be done once at the end of a game. It would be best to record journal entries themselves externally as you go, rather than as one big record event upon death, though that is personal preference. I'm weird and prefer a bit more of an immersive method. I have a paper journal I keep next to my computer and I fill in the information the game provides me plus my own journal entries while sitting in a safe place, such as in front of a fire. The new cooking system has been great as it gives me time to write while waiting for the food/coffee to cook. This way I don't waste fuel, I get to keep an eye on what's cooking, and I can enjoy the game atmosphere :) 

I'm sorry there's no easy fix that I'm aware of, but I hope this helped a bit. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

(1) https://steamcommunity.com/games/305620/announcements/detail/590345412499151795

(2) 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 5:51 AM, Abby said:

Hi Tom. I had a look at the system and there is only enough room to save 10 stats with no way to increase it at this time. This appears to be a design choice based on the journal system.

(2) 

Thanks, Abby!  Glad to know it' not something I'm doing wrong. I appreciate you looking.

• 2 months later...