Log Bridges causes bouncing motion

UTC-10

I have noticed that the bridges whose travel way (i.e. road surface) consists of logs now cause a significant amount of bouncing motion when being walked across.  It is very obvious, unsettling, and annoying.  Now I found, in Bleak Inlet, that the bouncing (the log irregular road surface) can be so pronounced that I can get [sort of] stuck much like trying to cross a railroad track which has motivated me to complain about it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UTC-10 said:

I have noticed that the bridges whose travel way (i.e. road surface) consists of logs now cause a significant amount of bouncing motion when being walked across.  It is very obvious, unsettling, and annoying.  Now I found, in Bleak Inlet, that the bouncing (the log irregular road surface) can be so pronounced that I can get [sort of] stuck much like trying to cross a railroad track which has motivated me to complain about it.  

I've noticed that as well. There are also a few log bridges that will cause sprains because the "slope" is steep. 

@UTC-10

Just for another perspective...

I really don't think it's all that bad.  Sure it is noticeable for folks who are paying close attention and are of a predisposition to be annoyed by the character movement.  Personally I don't see anything that needs fixing.

I think it's very reasonable for uneven surfaces to cause that... I think it would be a far worse design choice if our character just "floated" over every surface. :D

:coffee::fire:
I do see what you're getting at...  I just don't think it's that bad, and I think the opposite (just "floating" smoothly over rough terrain) would be far worse. :)

55 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I think it's very reasonable for uneven surfaces to cause that... I think it would be a far worse design choice if our character just "floated" over every surface. :D

But we want to appear to be on ice skates. i mean, it is canada. 

I think it's an interesting topic. In reality people would likely not step in the cracks of the bridge meaning it would effectively be really flat. Since we do bounce I think it's just additional evidence that we are infact a robot that uses wheels to get around.

Also just to mention, I am not personally bothered that we bounce on bridges. I do find collecting evidence that we are not human is fun though so I approve of this topic.