Fewer wolves are spawning in 1.76?

odizzido

So I've been poking around with the new update and something I want to ask if anyone else seems to be noticing that there are fewer wolves?

I play low spawn on a custom game and I happened to start in milton and from what I recall it was a constant slaughter but I've only had a few encounters in 1.76.

I am not complaining or anything, I like that I am not wading through never ending wolf corpses, but I don't see anything in the patch notes about it so I am not sure if it's just in my head.

Though maybe it's a bug and I shouldn't be posting this....well, I will risk it. Hopefully it can stay as a happy accident if it is a bug.

edit------------------

Also I feel like repairs and such have gotten easier? Maybe I am just going nuts though.

Edited by odizzido

Playing Interloper, I haven't noticed any difference in the quantity of wolves.  Maybe something changed or was fixed with the spawns in a custom game.

Repairs to clothing?  If so, it's no easier for me.  I just tried to repair jeans, four failed attempts in a row.  Are you using a sewing kit or fishing tackle?  I had been thinking that fishing tackle was more reliable because I hadn't had a failure with it in a long time (though it takes longer than a sewing kit).  But I had a failure with fishing tackle recently, so maybe not.  

Edited by MrWolf

Just got chewed to death by 3 wolves in the crumbling highway area, so no, not for me.... 

Battled 2 of them, killed them, slept a bit to heal, next morning was attacked by 3 on a row while harvesting their dead friends.... 

Sad death for my 150 days survivor

On 5/31/2020 at 11:30 AM, ajb1978 said:

I've noticed the wolf packs seem to migrate more frequently lately.  A wolf-dense area one day can be full of deer the next, and vice versa.

I just noticed this while re-visiting Spence's on my 1400+ day run.  I snuck on the rock overlooking the area and saw 4 wolves and thought...S**t, this is gonna be a tough fight.  While watching, the 4 of them actually started to leave the area.  I crept down the rock and never saw them again :)