Is there a use for empty cans?

Dahart

10 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

No... I don't think you'd want to use cheap aluminum for the kind of things you'd likely want to use "scrap metal" for. :D

:coffee::fire:

Actually soup cans are made from steel and there's quite a lot of things you can do with them.  Although even aluminum cans, you can cut the pull tab and you have a makeshift fishing hook.   There's a beer brand in Australia that prints instructions on how to do so right on their cans.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I know that some cans are still tin-plated steel and others aluminum... and I've had those conversations before. 

:coffee::fire:
I suppose when it gets right down to it though,  I just don't see a need for that in this game (harvesting cans for scrap metal I mean).  Considering we've had at least one resourceful survivor lived 10 in-games years on standard interloper, I'd say metal is more than plentiful without needing to scrap cans.  I think that would make metal way too cheap, and as always I'm rarely in favor of things that make life easier for the player.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I'd say metal is more than plentiful without needing to scrap cans.

Oh it's ridiculously plentiful.  It's possible to find just over 2000 scrap metal in the world, if you break everything down.  So plentiful that it's like..heck with it, why NOT scrap cans.  It's not like we're hurting for scrap metal as it is, and that would let players manage their clutter.  I can throw them in the trash bins, along with all the newsprint and tinder plugs I have no use for, but even those get full at some point.  I've taken to distributing cans to every cave and interior cook place I find, just to have a potential use for them.  My alternative is to have them in a pile on the floor and hope they end up in a lost and found at some point.