Spring Thaw Social 2020

Ice Hole

Spring Thaw Social 2020

Time: March 20, 2020

Bring Your Own Supplies

The three caves will be implemented as the refreshments and snacks cantina

Raven Rock is the designated smoking area

No Hunting Within Raven Falls Ravine.

Hunting within Raven Falls Ravine is prohibited due to safety and liability concerns.

Please be responsible. Remember to clean up any mess after your visit.  Always break down campfires. 

Thanks from Bear Island Parks Management.

Entertainment

Raven Shoot - Aim up at the ravens from the bottom of ravine - score a hit and win a prize

Trestle Trouble - have 9 percent health - cross the train trestle bridge win a prize

Battery Ram - move three battery from inside the train car to the bridge 

If you have not received an invitation then leave a comment here.

Looking for social organizers.  Leave a comment if you want to assist.

Stay posted for further information.

Edited by Ice Hole

1 hour ago, micah6vs8 said:

So what you are saying is we are going to livestream it?

That and the discord server should be sufficient.  Too bad there is no way to share the environment such as the weather and time of day with other TLD players.  Shared single player experience from a dedicated server.  Would be an interesting modding project.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

That and the discord server should be sufficient.  Too bad there is no way to share the environment such as the weather and time of day with other TLD players.  Shared single player experience from a dedicated server.  Would be an interesting modding project.

That's actually quite a cool idea. As a form of multiplayer. 

On 3/19/2020 at 7:52 PM, Ice Hole said:

There is a discord server? Also I have done modes like this in other games before I.e Subnautica and don't starve But, both of these load there worlds completely differently so, it might out side of my ability's  and it is definitely out side of my artistic ability's.

6 hours ago, RegentRelic said:

There is a discord server?

Unfortunately there is no server.  This was just part of my thoughts I had for having a social shared experience within The Long Dark.  A live stream also connected to the discord would be a start for a multiplayer experience.  The weather and time of day sharing was a dream and considered icing on the cake.

Edited by Ice Hole
the cake is a lie