Parasites with Level 5 Cooking?

CMT1984

I assume it's just a bug, but rather annoying none the less. I got in to the cannery workshop and cooked some wolf meat. Ate a piece and got the risk of parasites, slept for the night and woke up to having parasites. Luckily I found 12 antibiotics around here because I haven't carried them since I got level 5 cooking about 100 days ago.

3-3-2020_2-26-56_PM-u0g2w1tm.png

3-3-2020_2-26-56_PM-whpvc3l2.png

3-3-2020_2-28-33_PM-2euthheq.png

If you eat raw wolf meat at Level 5 cooking, you get intestinal parasites. (I have just tested that).

Perhaps you accidentally clicked on a piece of raw predator meat instead of cooked meat and ate that.  I have done that a few times.

48 minutes ago, peteloud said:

If you eat raw wolf meat at Level 5 cooking, you get intestinal parasites. (I have just tested that).

Perhaps you accidentally clicked on a piece of raw predator meat instead of cooked meat and ate that.  I have done that a few times.

That is possible but I'm usually pretty careful about that.

Now, what happens if I eat cooked wolf meat while I have parasites? Food is scarce at BI and wolf has been my main diet.

3 hours ago, stratvox said:

If you have parasites eat the predators, because there's no further harm that can be done to you. Once you clear it up, go back to your vegetarian ways (i.e. eating vegetarians ;) )

Excellent, thanks. If I couldn't eat predator meat then I'd probably be dead on this almost 200 day run with 200+ rounds of ammo ready to be crafted.

The only way to get parasites once you have level 5 cooking is to eat predator meat that's raw. Your chance of infection immediately jumps to 75% when doing so. Do so again, and it rises to 100%.

If you're 100% sure that you did not eat raw predator meat, then it's a bug and should not have happened. I find it odd that you're the only one reporting such a bug, though.

And even so, if you got it from eating cooked predator meat, you should still only have a small percentage chance initially, rather than jumping right to infection.

11 hours ago, GothSkunk said:

The only way to get parasites once you have level 5 cooking is to eat predator meat that's raw. Your chance of infection immediately jumps to 75% when doing so. Do so again, and it rises to 100%.

If you're 100% sure that you did not eat raw predator meat, then it's a bug and should not have happened. I find it odd that you're the only one reporting such a bug, though.

And even so, if you got it from eating cooked predator meat, you should still only have a small percentage chance initially, rather than jumping right to infection.

Yes eating raw meat is possible, and if I'm the only one with the problem then I'd say it's probable. But I did eat it directly off the stove, and I think you can only do that if it's cooked. I'll have to check that out next time I'm on.

Usually if you are in cooking mode and hit space bar with the meat on the cursor that should result in hasty cooking until done.   You might review what you did for the only way I could conceive of you actually eating raw meat under the stated conditions (short of some glitch) would be if the stove's fire had gone out (so cooking is paused) and you didn't realize it (but that probably didn't happen as you would have likely posted about making a mistake rather than 'what happened'?).

9 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

Usually if you are in cooking mode and hit space bar with the meat on the cursor that should result in hasty cooking until done.   You might review what you did for the only way I could conceive of you actually eating raw meat under the stated conditions (short of some glitch) would be if the stove's fire had gone out (so cooking is paused) and you didn't realize it (but that probably didn't happen as you would have likely posted about making a mistake rather than 'what happened'?).

Ok yes, that's correct. If the fire burns out it says cooking paused and the X button (console) will still let you eat it. I don't remember at all if that fire burned out, I usually take torches or finish it out with boiling some water though. I should have hit the record what happened button so I could review it, I will if something like that happens again.

Also, I was experimenting with raw fish and gave myself food poisoning. On the Status screen it said "Raw Coho Salmon" was the cause. On my parasites screenshot it just says "infected meat," shouldn't that say raw too if I did eat raw meat?