Blizzard Walker conditions

reginaphalange

Does anyone know the details of Blizzard Walker requirements?

The result is easier walking in wind, so does that mean it's time spend being battered by wind? Or time spent walking through a blizzard (wind and snow)? Is it JUST really high wind or any wind? Or ANY wind with snow? Can you be outside but sheltered against the wind during a blizzard but still accrue time spent outside during a blizzard?

A girl needs to know 😂

42 minutes ago, reginaphalange said:

Can you be outside but sheltered against the wind during a blizzard but still accrue time spent outside during a blizzard?

I've had mine go up while sheltered by the wind in a little hut at Thompson's Crossing. I'm guessing Ice Fishing huts work too. I've only seen it go up during blizzards but you can be sheltered from the wind and still get it.  

As long as you are outdoors while a blizzard is raging, that time gets added towards getting the feat.  So, you can sit inside a fishing hut with a fire going during a blizzard and that time will count because you are still in an outdoor area.  If in a cave, as long as you are in the front part of the cave and it isn't a cave with a loading screen, you are outdoors.  You can also stand outside a house with your back sheltered from the wind during a blizzard and that time will count as well.

Honestly I haven't had much to inspire me towards that feat....if there is a blizzard, I get out of it. Windy conditions, stick along some rocks, or snow walls.....Ontop of that, 25% isn't much of a gain against the wind. Maybe if it was more 40 -50% id go for it, but otherwise, meh.

With that said, will probably pick up a fishing pole next time one blows through. :P

4 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Honestly I haven't had much to inspire me towards that feat....if there is a blizzard, I get out of it. Windy conditions, stick along some rocks, or snow walls.....Ontop of that, 25% isn't much of a gain against the wind. Maybe if it was more 40 -50% id go for it, but otherwise, meh.

With that said, will probably pick up a fishing pole next time one blows through. :P

I kind of feel like they slightly raised the base wind penalty. I've been below 15 kilos and a -13 degree celcius windchill almost stops me in my tracks.

Anyways, this skill is much more useful when you put it in a challenge mode perspective. If you're trying to get the best time you can use Blizzard Walker to curb the RNG of wind directions slowing you down and Straight to the Heart to make your coffee and stims even more effective!

Combine those two with Snow Walker and you'll be flying across the maps. 

5 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I don't think it's going to be a problem for most lopers to get this one given the frequency of blizzards at that difficulty and the necessity that they spend some time outdoor camping to prevent cabin fever.

Any of the feats can be obtained more quickly by grinding, but any of them will be eventually obtained by just playing the game normally... however, you play normally and on whatever standard level you play.  The only people who may never get them are people, like myself, who prefer to play with custom settings.

17 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I kind of feel like they slightly raised the base wind penalty. I've been below 15 kilos and a -13 degree celcius windchill almost stops me in my tracks. Anyways, this skill is much more useful when you put it in a challenge mode perspective. If you're trying to get the best time you can use Blizzard Walker to curb the RNG of wind directions slowing you down and Straight to the Heart to make your coffee and stims even more effective! Combine those two with Snow Walker and you'll be flying across the maps. 

I do agree with you there. Been multiple times I half ponder what is going on....Every so often, even during clean sky's, Ill just come to a near crawl in the wind. But then I resort to sticking up against the walls again.

16 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I don't think it's going to be a problem for most lopers to get this one given the frequency of blizzards at that difficulty and the necessity that they spend some time outdoor camping to prevent cabin fever. Any of the feats can be obtained more quickly by grinding, but any of them will be eventually obtained by just playing the game normally... however, you play normally and on whatever standard level you play.  The only people who may never get them are people, like myself, who prefer to play with custom settings.

I often play on loper and I could not imagine changing my fast stamina and cold fusion perk for this.....I like to recharge my stamina meter as fast as possible so I can cook from one place to the other, and to climb longer, or the cold fusion perk to get those preciouses degrees against the cold. Sure, that one won't matter once I get the clothing together, but until I do, its next to impossible to survive without throwing down fires left and right.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

I do agree with you there. Been multiple times I half ponder what is going on....Every so often, even during clean sky's, Ill just come to a near crawl in the wind. But then I resort to sticking up against the walls again.

I often play on loper and I could not imagine changing my fast stamina and cold fusion perk for this.....I like to recharge my stamina meter as fast as possible so I can cook from one place to the other, and to climb longer, or the cold fusion perk to get those preciouses degrees against the cold. Sure, that one won't matter once I get the clothing together, but until I do, its next to impossible to survive without throwing down fires left and right.

My comment had nothing to do with whether or not Lopers would use the perk... it just said they should have no trouble obtaining the perk because blizzards are more frequent on Loper AND it can be obtained while being sheltered outside.

• Upvote 1