Aurora wolves

cullam

So, I've played quite a lot of the Long Dark, but less than usual, this past year. I've recently lost a few survivors (playing on stalker) to Aurora wolves. I'm not sure if it was bad luck, or me not being well practiced at wrestling with a revolver, a change to the struggle system, or Aurora wolves being much tougher. Usually, with a well equipped survivor, while a wolf encountere is costly, I could fairly reliably walk away from them (assuming I had lots of condition in the first place). Am I just out of practice, or are Aurora wolves much more dangerous to tussle with? 

Edited by cullam
Typo

Flashlights.  Always keep one at the ready during an aurora, and if you are approaching a blind corner or cresting a hill, pre-emptively turn it on low so you can instantly react with RMB to blind and scare away any lupine ambush.  If you have one or more flashlights, travel during an aurora is actually safer than any other time, because you can reliably scare away wolves for free, provided you either give the flashlight time to recharge, or swap out for a fresh one.

Only thing you really gotta watch out for during an aurora are aurora bears.  They can pick up your scent and initiate a charge from very far away.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...