Hunters hide "hole" Moose attack

Makex

I was attacked by moose when i climbed to hunter's blind. It has so massive antlers that it should't even be possible. Wolf, yes. Bear, mayby. Moose,  no way.

Can i suggest a small door (door that is same level as the blind's wall's. Half door? And it opens out, not in just like fishing hut door does) that makes it clearly area that is out of bounds for living creatures who doesn't know how to open doors?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, diggity said:

You were all the way in the blind?  Not just on the stairs?

I was in the back corner of the blind. So yes, i was in the blind, hoping that you could jump over the wall to get the hell away from there.

17 hours ago, diggity said:

Really weird then.  The point of a blind is to hide and protect you - I would submit a bug report.  If a bear doesn't chase you into the blind, neither should a mad moose.

Funny that you mentioned bear because i have photo when bear got stuck the "doorway" when he was chasing me. Poor thing got shot, but i could't get out of there.

I am glad that i was able to quarter him, otherwise i would been there quite some time.

Seems like it would be tough to fix some of those big wildlife situations I such things like the blinds.  To prevent some of this awkwardness while still keeping vulneratbility to them, I wouldn't be against something like a stock cut scene for those situations and when you come back there's a stock pile of lumber of the destroyed blind and blind gone.  Just trying to think of an easy implementation.  Maybe the animal will pause for a second to regain its senses.

22 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

From what I've read, it appears that all aggressive wildlife can now enter blinds (despite size).

That's just stupid if that is intentional. Like i said before, wolf is only that would fit no problem. Moose and that other thing should stay away from there.

On 12/24/2019 at 4:19 PM, Makex said:

That's just stupid if that is intentional. Like i said before, wolf is only that would fit no problem. Moose and that other thing should stay away from there.

I've had some experience with this lately. If you're standing too close to the entrance the animal can get you, but if you're backed away it can't. Raging moose, timberwolves, and bears will run around and try and fail to enter, making for an easy kill. I've also found that keeping a bunch of rotting meat in the blind is a great way to pull in the predators (wolves, timberwolves); you pick up the meat when you can see the predators down wind, and then crouch (which also helps keep you out of the wind) and wait. When the predator sniffs around the door a quick arrow to the melon and it's lunch time. Crouching makes it far more likely you'll be able to aim at the timberwolf and get the shot off because if they can smell the meat but not see you or be aware of your presence you can line up the shot quite nicely.

Edited by stratvox
methodology