Ep3 - So far so fun!

snowmeow

So I am now 25% into Episode 3 and first impressions are pretty amazing 😄. I haven't even started the side missions yet! I really like the new characters and the new timber wolves are really intimidating. I've been using all that I've learnt in survival mode to so far stay alive and just enjoying the ride. Thank you Hinterland for producing such an immersive game that keeps bringing us back for more 😃

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, snowmeow said:

So I am now 25% into Episode 3 and first impressions are pretty amazing 😄. I haven't even started the side missions yet! I really like the new characters and the new timber wolves are really intimidating. I've been using all that I've learnt in survival mode to so far stay alive and just enjoying the ride. Thank you Hinterland for producing such an immersive game that keeps bringing us back for more 😃

Thanks for sharing your initial impressions with us! Be sure to check back in as you progress. :wolf:

• Like 1

i like episode three alot more  than the other episodes yet i fail to find repeatedly gathering resources and painfully walking across the reagion with a person on your back, the idea sounds great but i still think that having to go to the crash site and to thompsons crossing 4 times is annoying.

other than that its really great

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peepercreeper said:

i like episode three alot more  than the other episodes yet i fail to find repeatedly gathering resources and painfully walking across the reagion with a person on your back, the idea sounds great but i still think that having to go to the crash site and to thompsons crossing 4 times is annoying.

other than that its really great

SPOILERS

Carrying the first girl (which took two days for my freezing character and felt like a fight to keep both of us alive) and the closest survivor (which I did at night for fun and felt like a brief mad dash away from the wolves) was extremely cool and fun!

The other two became a little dull after that. I believe it was because there wasnt much need to stop often if you had good clothes. Or maybe there wasnt anything really special about those other two. Maybe one should be quite heavy so you have to take frequent breaks, or for one you have to heal them up from a severe injury first before you move them. Maybe a wound keeps opening. 

I saved Gwen!   I did NOT see this eventuality coming, being a rescue party of one.  Knowing this map very well the prospect of carrying a survivor ALL the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back to the Rural Crossroads defying the elements and not getting wolf-murdered scared the hell out of me.  It took all of the survival mode skills I had developed over the years but I got my patient to safety without a mark on either of us.  w00t!

It must have taken an 3p1k effort to achieve this degree of balance.

Mega-congrats to Captain Raph-tastic and his merry army of Devs and contributors!

Hinterland: Achievement Unlocked:  "We love you, we REALLY love you!".