How To Play 4DON?

FluffyComeHome

Hi All, Could use a little advice/help on knowing how to play the 4DON. I'm super excited as this will be my first, so I don't want to read the threads with spoilers. But I don't know how to actually get set up. Do I need to download something or go to a special area in Steam? Do I need to play every day? Is it all survival or is it a mini campaign or challenge? Yep...totally clueless here, but want to be able to get up and running as soon as it starts. Thanks in advance for steering me in the right direction. :)

And please...no spoilers...just set up/ access info. Thx!

It is a survival challenge and when it's come's out there is a option on the home screen that says four days of night. No you don't need to play every day @FluffyComeHome but, you do if you want to get the badges. Speaking of which I did the two hours of real time four three of the four days but didn't get the badge for doing two of the days. Was there something that I missed.

The first time 4DON was run, it was in the main game. That caused some disarray between journal days and actual days played. For instance, four days represented four real time days so you could play a couple weeks of in-game "days". Then 4DON was made an opt-in game modification since not everyone appreciated the event. Things that were acquired in the event did not carryover or back to the main game. 

For the purposes of 4DON, every 24 hours from start of the event represents a different "day". Different events on each "day". I do not know beyond that since I did not play 4DON the last time. Also unless something has changed, if you opt-in then you should stay in until the event is over as it was a modification of the game files. I could be wrong, so hopefully someone can correct this. 

@FluffyComeHome
Here's all the links aggregated: all non-spoiler
--- never mind, if you don't want to know what each day's theme  is... then don't click them I guess.  :D 

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:50 AM, ManicManiac said:

It's a good time... if you are curious you can check out what was posted last year:

Four Days of Night

There were also more specific descriptions of the following pages:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 6:43 PM, ManicManiac said:

@FluffyComeHome
Always happy to help, I do admit I was reading quickly so I didn't notice (when I first posted) the part about you wanting to go in blind... 

But I did leave in the links in case others that come to view your thread might want to check it out. 

Gonna check out those links now! Thanks again, Manic. And thanks to all for the help getting me started :)

• Like 1