Need help: mapping Timberwolf Mountain

Sceh

So I've been hanging out in TWM and decided to try and map the whole region.

There is this last itty little bit that I can't get for the life of me. It's a large hill with a pile of rocks south and downhill of the Secluded Shelf, or up a narrow path halfway to a cave north of the Engine crash point in Echo Ravine. See screenshots below.

I've tried getting to it from a number of angles, mountaingoating up and down the numerous levels of elevation around that point and spraining pretty much every bone there is to sprain thrice over, but to no avail.

Any tips or hints are welcome. At this point I'd even be thankful to be told that there's just no way to get it.

Cheers!

TWMscreen1.jpg

TWMscreen2.jpg

I have successfully mapped that place, but it was a LONG time ago and I don't remember how I got there.

So I can't tell you how to get there, but I can tell you that you can get there. I think you need to get on top of the big rock that's on top of the three way cave and then goat around to get to the location you want... but I can't guarantee that's exactly the right way.

• Upvote 1

I know it's possible...  I've done this map a few times now.

If memory serves you should be able to get around that crag either by cresting the dome on top of that cave there, or maybe by goating around from the climb right near by.  I don't remember exactly.  I'll try to see if I have any specific reference points.  There are other folks better at mountain goating than I am though, perhaps they will chime in as well.   

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Upvote 1

Thanks you guys! I thought the dome on top of the three way cave was the way to go as well, but I can't seem to find a way around/over it any way I try. If someone who has done this (or knows how) could supply a screen shot or two I'd be eternally grateful ❤️