New Sandbox Update Tomorrow!!!

Raphael van Lierop

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know....it is getting late in Europe land and beyond and the panic is beginning to set in....just like when you are dying of thirst and starvation...you can't get out of your cabin until morning....you hope their is not a blizzard when you wake up and that the dead carcass still has some meat on its bones.

Guys, as a software developer myself I'll just say that you should always take any time estimates from a dev with a grain of salt. There's just so much that can go wrong during deployment and last minute bugfixing. I'm actually surprised they gave such a specific estimate at all, and I'm impressed that they seem to be on track for a rather timely release.

Doesn't mean I'm not constantly refreshing this page though! :lol:

Also, once they're done with the release on their end, I'm pretty sure it'll take a while until the update spreads through Steam's CDN.

Guys, as a software developer myself I'll just say that you should always take any time estimates from a dev with a grain of salt. There's just so much that can go wrong during deployment and last minute bugfixing. I'm actually surprised they gave such a specific estimate at all, and I'm impressed that they seem to be on track for a rather timely release.

Doesn't mean I'm not constantly refreshing this page though! :lol:

Also, once they're done with the release on their end, I'm pretty sure it'll take a while until the update spreads through Steam's CDN.

well, nearly on time after it was rescheduled for a week

Some last minute tweaks were adjusted for my wonderful friendly wolves. Just brushing their fur as the devs are getting last files ready.

Want my wolves to be happy when they eat "greet" everybody in the update :twisted:

Marr pass me the shot gun i'm a gonna eat me some wolf!

And while waiting - a few TLD Videos to entertain you...

THE LONG DARK - MOVIE TRAILER

Awesome fan made trailer...

[bBvideo 560,340:18anl7lz]

[/bBvideo]

THE LONG DARK MINECRAFT

Fantastic Minecraft representation to capture the feeling of The Long Dark

[bBvideo 560,340:18anl7lz]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVK8COd9PkY[/bBvideo]

THE LONG DARK - THE EARLY DAYS

Accurize coverage of the very early v.063 days of The Long Dark... Worth watching to see how far the game has progressed

[/bBvideo]

THE LONG DARK - PROTOTYPE GAMEPLAY

Before the game was even made, Raph shared the first prototype example of what was to become The Long Dark... recognize that familiar area? ;)

[/bBvideo]

Archived